BEIJING China said on Tuesday that it had not heard of Pakistan's proposal for China to help it build a naval port at the deep water port of Gwadar.
"Regarding that specific cooperative project, I have not heard of it," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu told a regular news briefing in Beijing.
"It's my understanding that during the visit last week this issue was not touched upon," she said.
She was referring to Pakistani Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani's visit to Beijing last week.
(Reporting by Michael Martina; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
Trending On Reuters
President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday Turkey did not want any escalation after it shot down a Russian fighter jet, saying it had acted simply to defend its own security and the "rights of our brothers" in Syria. Full Article
- Russia to bolster Syria base, eyes economic retaliation against Turkey
- Brussels schools, metro reopen under tight security
- 2015 set to be hottest on record, 2016 even hotter due to El NiÃ±o - U.N.
- Tunisia says suicide bomber behind bus attack that killed 13
- Chicago charges officer in black teen's death, releases video of shooting