Aishwarya Rai Bachchan pregnant
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is pregnant with her first child, her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan announced on Twitter on Tuesday.
“I am going to become a grandfather … Aishwarya expecting. So happy and thrilled!!!” Bachchan said, confirming the subject of weeks of speculation.
Rai, 37, a former Miss World, has been married to actor Abhishek Bachchan for more than four years and the star couple had been fending off pregnancy rumours in the past year.
On Tuesday, Rai’s media manager confirmed the pregnancy but did not give more details.
Rai, who often features on ‘most beautiful’ lists, has worked in several Hollywood and Bollywood films but has taken on noticeably fewer projects recently.
She has no films under production but has signed filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Heroine”, which was announced at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
- UPDATE 8-Soccer-English premier league top scorers
- Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted |
"Fast & Furious" actor Paul Walker died from multiple injuries in a weekend car crash, the Los Angeles County coroner said on Wednesday, as Universal Pictures suspended production of the seventh installment in its car racing film franchise. Full Article
Boy band One Direction makes chart history with third No. 1 album debut. Full Article