Aishwarya Rai Bachchan pregnant
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is pregnant with her first child, her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan announced on Twitter on Tuesday.
“I am going to become a grandfather … Aishwarya expecting. So happy and thrilled!!!” Bachchan said, confirming the subject of weeks of speculation.
Rai, 37, a former Miss World, has been married to actor Abhishek Bachchan for more than four years and the star couple had been fending off pregnancy rumours in the past year.
On Tuesday, Rai’s media manager confirmed the pregnancy but did not give more details.
Rai, who often features on ‘most beautiful’ lists, has worked in several Hollywood and Bollywood films but has taken on noticeably fewer projects recently.
She has no films under production but has signed filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Heroine”, which was announced at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- UPDATE 3-Starbucks Americas sales disappoint on softer traffic
Kalki Koechlin is one of the few Bollywood actresses in recent years to build her star power while proving her talent in indie and mainstream cinema. Koechlin, 30, who was born in India to French parents, spoke to Reuters about her role as a disabled girl in "Margarita, With a Straw" and spending two months in a wheelchair for the part. Full Article