Aishwarya Rai Bachchan pregnant
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is pregnant with her first child, her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan announced on Twitter on Tuesday.
“I am going to become a grandfather … Aishwarya expecting. So happy and thrilled!!!” Bachchan said, confirming the subject of weeks of speculation.
Rai, 37, a former Miss World, has been married to actor Abhishek Bachchan for more than four years and the star couple had been fending off pregnancy rumours in the past year.
On Tuesday, Rai’s media manager confirmed the pregnancy but did not give more details.
Rai, who often features on ‘most beautiful’ lists, has worked in several Hollywood and Bollywood films but has taken on noticeably fewer projects recently.
She has no films under production but has signed filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Heroine”, which was announced at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mars mission enters last lap; crucial test on Sept. 24
- Former New Zealand captain Martin Crowe suffers cancer relapse
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Border standoff dominates Xi Jinping's visit to India