Aishwarya Rai Bachchan pregnant
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is pregnant with her first child, her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan announced on Twitter on Tuesday.
“I am going to become a grandfather … Aishwarya expecting. So happy and thrilled!!!” Bachchan said, confirming the subject of weeks of speculation.
Rai, 37, a former Miss World, has been married to actor Abhishek Bachchan for more than four years and the star couple had been fending off pregnancy rumours in the past year.
On Tuesday, Rai’s media manager confirmed the pregnancy but did not give more details.
Rai, who often features on ‘most beautiful’ lists, has worked in several Hollywood and Bollywood films but has taken on noticeably fewer projects recently.
She has no films under production but has signed filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Heroine”, which was announced at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
Tracy Morgan incredulous that Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries. Full Article