Likely Terror Attack
A British soldier was hacked to death by two men shouting Islamic slogans in a south London street on Wednesday, in what the government said appeared to be a terrorist attack. Full Article
- Gold slips after Bernanke hints at slowing bond buys
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
- Soldier hacked to death in London in suspected Islamist attack
- Short story writer Lydia Davis wins Man Booker International fiction prize
Taliban says U.S. troop plan symbolic, warns of more bloodshed
KABUL (Reuters) - The Afghan Taliban said on Thursday a U.S. plan to withdraw 10,000 troops from Afghanistan by the end of this year was only symbolic and that more serious steps were needed "to stop this pointless bloodshed".
"Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan once again wants to make it clear that the solution for the Afghan crisis lies in the full withdrawal of all foreign troops immediately and (while) this does not happen, our armed struggle will increase from day to day," the Taliban said in a statement emailed to media.
(Reporting by Paul Tait)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this