KABUL The Afghan Taliban said on Thursday a U.S. plan to withdraw 10,000 troops from Afghanistan by the end of this year was only symbolic and that more serious steps were needed "to stop this pointless bloodshed".
"Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan once again wants to make it clear that the solution for the Afghan crisis lies in the full withdrawal of all foreign troops immediately and (while) this does not happen, our armed struggle will increase from day to day," the Taliban said in a statement emailed to media.
(Reporting by Paul Tait)
Trending On Reuters
U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter, in Washington's latest challenge of Chinese land reclamation in the South China Sea, said the scale of Beijing's activities, not the United States, was altering the status quo in the region. Full Article
- After suspension, Sri Lanka may let China resume work on Port City project
- Iran's Zarif hopes for nuclear deal within "reasonable period of time"
- U.S. training of Syria rebel fighters expands to Turkey - source
- Fugitive ex-Chinese official, investigated for graft, detained in U.S.
- UK takes hard line on EU reform as Cameron starts European tour
After suspension, Sri Lanka may let China resume work on Port City project Full Article
India tipped to overtake China in Modi's first year despite sluggish feel Full Article