KABUL The Afghan Taliban said on Thursday a U.S. plan to withdraw 10,000 troops from Afghanistan by the end of this year was only symbolic and that more serious steps were needed "to stop this pointless bloodshed".
"Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan once again wants to make it clear that the solution for the Afghan crisis lies in the full withdrawal of all foreign troops immediately and (while) this does not happen, our armed struggle will increase from day to day," the Taliban said in a statement emailed to media.
(Reporting by Paul Tait)
Trending On Reuters
Egypt's army said on Wednesday more than 100 militants and 17 soldiers were killed after simultaneous assaults on military checkpoints in North Sinai, in the deadliest fighting in years in the restive province. Full Article
- IAEA chief heads to Iran as nuclear talks reach last stretch
- Images show Chinese airstrip on man-made Spratly island nearly finished
- U.S., Cuba restoring diplomatic ties after 54 years
- "Wow, pulled back wrong throttle" - captain of crashed TransAsia plane
- In emails, Hillary's outside advisers pushed hawkish Afghan line
India to spend $8 billion to boost irrigation, reduce dependence on monsoon Full Article
"Wow, pulled back wrong throttle" - captain of crashed TransAsia plane Full Article