Three rockets hit area near Kuwait-Iraq border -TV
DUBAI Aug 26 (Reuters) - Three rockets have hit the border area between Kuwait and Iraq, Al Arabiya TV reported early on Friday quoting diplomatic sources.
The Dubai-based channel said the Katyusha rockets did not target Kuwait's Mubarak Port which is under construction.
The port has been a subject of arguments between oil-producing Iraq and Kuwait, which share a small border.
Iraq says the port interferes with shipping lanes to its own ports. (Reporting by Martina Fuchs)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint
- OPEC oil output hits highest since 2012 on Libya, Saudi-Reuters Survey
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State
- Obama, Modi discuss trade, climate, Islamic State at White House
- UPDATE 3-Drug, medical device companies paid billions to U.S. physicians, hospitals in 2013 -data
U.S. President Barack Obama and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi worked to deepen improving ties between their countries on Tuesday, but emerged from their second meeting in two days with little in the way of major agreements. Story | Full Coverage
China final HSBC PMI steady in September on stronger global demand but risks remain Full Article