Julianna Margulies wins best drama actress Emmy
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Julianna Margulies won the Emmy on Sunday for best dramatic actress for her performance in "The Good Wife."
Margulies, 45, plays the conflicted spouse of a disgraced district attorney in the CBS legal series.
It was a second Emmy for Margulies, who won in 1995 for her role as nurse Carol Hathaway in the long-running TV hospital series "ER," and was seen as a clear favorite this time around.
The actress already has a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild trophy for her performance as the sometimes dutiful, sometimes resentful wife who goes back to work as a lawyer while her husband rebuilds his political career.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Sheri Linden)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- EU relief at Scotland's "no" tinged with fear of nationalism
- UPDATE 9-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
- Kurdish leader urges world to protect Syrian town from Islamic State
“Daawat-e-Ishq” is one of those infuriating films that seem to go on for ever, getting more monotonous by the minute. There is nothing that can be salvaged in this project. It doesn’t work as a love story or a crime caper, and is as unpalatable as five-day-old biryani, writes our Bollywood correspondent Shilpa Jamkhandikar. Full Article