Julianna Margulies wins best drama actress Emmy
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Julianna Margulies won the Emmy on Sunday for best dramatic actress for her performance in "The Good Wife."
Margulies, 45, plays the conflicted spouse of a disgraced district attorney in the CBS legal series.
It was a second Emmy for Margulies, who won in 1995 for her role as nurse Carol Hathaway in the long-running TV hospital series "ER," and was seen as a clear favorite this time around.
The actress already has a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild trophy for her performance as the sometimes dutiful, sometimes resentful wife who goes back to work as a lawyer while her husband rebuilds his political career.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Sheri Linden)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 2-Pilots of Asiana crash knew speed was low -documents
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
- UPDATE 8-Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators
- UPDATE 1-U.S. says Ukraine's "European future" can be saved - Nuland
On Nov. 23, the Bombay Times featured a solemn announcement: “Box Office column discontinued.” The column, written by Priya Gupta, editor of Times of India Metro Supplements, said it was getting increasingly difficult to get good numbers for how films are doing at the box office because filmmakers and production houses “jack up their numbers.” Full Article