Julianna Margulies wins best drama actress Emmy
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Julianna Margulies won the Emmy on Sunday for best dramatic actress for her performance in "The Good Wife."
Margulies, 45, plays the conflicted spouse of a disgraced district attorney in the CBS legal series.
It was a second Emmy for Margulies, who won in 1995 for her role as nurse Carol Hathaway in the long-running TV hospital series "ER," and was seen as a clear favorite this time around.
The actress already has a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild trophy for her performance as the sometimes dutiful, sometimes resentful wife who goes back to work as a lawyer while her husband rebuilds his political career.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Sheri Linden)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Drama of mother starving baby grips Venice fest
- NATO to create new "spearhead" force to respond to crises
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- EU seeks rivals' feedback on Facebook, WhatsApp deal
Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence has contacted authorities to investigate who stole and posted nude images of her online, a spokeswoman said on Monday, part of a reported mass hacking of celebrities' intimate photos. Full Article
'Guardians of the Galaxy' wins weekend, tops this year's box office universe Full Article