Julianna Margulies wins best drama actress Emmy
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Julianna Margulies won the Emmy on Sunday for best dramatic actress for her performance in "The Good Wife."
Margulies, 45, plays the conflicted spouse of a disgraced district attorney in the CBS legal series.
It was a second Emmy for Margulies, who won in 1995 for her role as nurse Carol Hathaway in the long-running TV hospital series "ER," and was seen as a clear favorite this time around.
The actress already has a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild trophy for her performance as the sometimes dutiful, sometimes resentful wife who goes back to work as a lawyer while her husband rebuilds his political career.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Sheri Linden)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- UPDATE 3-Ocwen shares slide after NY finds backdated foreclosure letters
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- UPDATE 2-Tough U.S. rivalries, China food scandal pound McDonald's
Death of a Designer
Oscar de la Renta, the legendary fashion designer who dressed first ladies and Hollywood stars during a career that spanned five decades, was remembered for his exquisite style, generous heart and tireless philanthropy. Full Article
Argentina complains to BBC over "Top Gear" presenter Clarkson. Full Article