Magnitude 5.6 quake jolts northeastern Japan - TV
TOKYO (Reuters) - A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.6 jolted northeastern Japan on Monday, public broadcaster NHK said. The quake, at 11:46 a.m. (0246 GMT), was also felt in Tokyo.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage and no tsunami warning was issued.
(Reporting by Chikafumi Hodo)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Iraq elects president as Ban urges unity to save nation