TOKYO A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.6 jolted northeastern Japan on Monday, public broadcaster NHK said. The quake, at 11:46 a.m. (0246 GMT), was also felt in Tokyo.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage and no tsunami warning was issued.
(Reporting by Chikafumi Hodo)
Trending On Reuters
Southeast Asian nations agreed on Friday to intensify search and rescue efforts to help vulnerable "boat people" stranded in the region's seas, as Myanmar said its navy had seized a vessel off its coast with more than 700 migrants aboard. Full Article
- Islamic State settles into Ramadi, but the lull unlikely to last
- Japanese island to be evacuated after volcano erupts
- Islamic State suicide bomber in women's garb kills three in Saudi Arabia
- Civilians emerge as pawns in South China Sea legal chess game
- New Nigerian president seeks to crush "godless" Boko Haram
Virtual reality film aims to raise funds by giving Nepal quake experience Full Article