Lyondell Houston refinery ops unaffected by fire
HOUSTON Oct 23 (Reuters) - Operations at Lyondell Basell's (LYB.N) 280,390 barrel per day Houston refinery were unaffected by a fire Friday and Saturday in a out-of-service MEK unit scheduled for demolition, a company spokesman said.
"It has not interrupted refinery operations," said Lyondell spokesman David Harpole.
The fire broke out while the unit, which boosts the refinable material in a barrel of crude oil, was being prepared for demolition, Harpole said. No injuries were reported due to the fire. (Reporting by Erwin Seba; Editing by Diane Craft) (firstname.lastname@example.org; +1 713 210 8508; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com))
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missouri grand jury has made decision in fatal shooting of black teen - report
- Congress signals it could back Modi's insurance reform plan
- Jindal Steel shelves $10 bln project after coal setback
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Recharge your phone in 30 seconds? Israeli firm says it can
The main opposition Congress party signalled on Monday it could support government legislation to liberalise the insurance industry, a long-delayed reform expected to help improve investor confidence. Full Article
Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors lift 2014 global sales target on China, emerging markets Full Article