Lyondell Houston refinery ops unaffected by fire
HOUSTON Oct 23 (Reuters) - Operations at Lyondell Basell's (LYB.N) 280,390 barrel per day Houston refinery were unaffected by a fire Friday and Saturday in a out-of-service MEK unit scheduled for demolition, a company spokesman said.
"It has not interrupted refinery operations," said Lyondell spokesman David Harpole.
The fire broke out while the unit, which boosts the refinable material in a barrel of crude oil, was being prepared for demolition, Harpole said. No injuries were reported due to the fire. (Reporting by Erwin Seba; Editing by Diane Craft) (email@example.com; +1 713 210 8508; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org))
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- One dead, one wounded in shooting in Chicago financial district
- Israel, Palestinians locked in vicious circle of Gaza wars
- U.S. advises against non-essential travel to countries hit by Ebola
- Millions of jellyfish-like creatures wash up on western U.S. beaches
- UPDATE 3-Apache to quit gas projects in Australia and Canada
The United States said on Thursday it was hopeful that differences between India and much of the rest of the world over a major trade agreement could be resolved in time, with only hours remaining before the deal has to be signed. Full Article
ONGC, Oil India bid $1.5 bln for stake in Murphy Oil's Malaysia assets - sources Full Article