Lyondell Houston refinery ops unaffected by fire
HOUSTON Oct 23 (Reuters) - Operations at Lyondell Basell's (LYB.N) 280,390 barrel per day Houston refinery were unaffected by a fire Friday and Saturday in a out-of-service MEK unit scheduled for demolition, a company spokesman said.
"It has not interrupted refinery operations," said Lyondell spokesman David Harpole.
The fire broke out while the unit, which boosts the refinable material in a barrel of crude oil, was being prepared for demolition, Harpole said. No injuries were reported due to the fire. (Reporting by Erwin Seba; Editing by Diane Craft) (email@example.com; +1 713 210 8508; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org))
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Republican feud boils over in U.S. budget deal fight
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops on taper anxiety; Facebook rallies
- UPDATE 2-Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash
- UPDATE 2-US transport regulator might move against in-flight calls
- Air Canada plane lands safely after engine fire
Asia-Pacific M&A volume falls for third consecutive year, deal size grows. Full Article