Hamburg's Castelen suffers new injury setback
BERLIN (Reuters) - Hamburg's injury-plagued winger Romeo Castelen will be out for at least three weeks after partially tearing an adductor muscle in a friendly game on Saturday having just battled back to the first team following two years out, the club said on Tuesday.
The gifted Dutchman, who has only managed a handful of appearances since signing in 2007 due to consecutive knee operations, had only weeks ago celebrated his Bundesliga comeback after two years out.
"You cannot envy Romeo Castelen," Hamburg said in a statement. "The 28-year-old will be out for three to four weeks."
Hamburg are occupy the relegation playoff spot after 12 games, two points above bottom-placed Augsburg.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- California woman gets stuck in chimney trying to sneak into home
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
Serena Williams shook off the rust and a feisty challenge from Serbia's Ana Ivanovic to open the defence of her WTA Finals title with a 6-4 6-4 victory in the opening match of the elite eight-player tournament on Monday. Full Article