Hamburg's Castelen suffers new injury setback
BERLIN (Reuters) - Hamburg's injury-plagued winger Romeo Castelen will be out for at least three weeks after partially tearing an adductor muscle in a friendly game on Saturday having just battled back to the first team following two years out, the club said on Tuesday.
The gifted Dutchman, who has only managed a handful of appearances since signing in 2007 due to consecutive knee operations, had only weeks ago celebrated his Bundesliga comeback after two years out.
"You cannot envy Romeo Castelen," Hamburg said in a statement. "The 28-year-old will be out for three to four weeks."
Hamburg are occupy the relegation playoff spot after 12 games, two points above bottom-placed Augsburg.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
Indian boxer L Sarita Devi could face disciplinary action after being reported to Asian Olympic officials for refusing to accept her bronze medal at the Asian Games on Wednesday. Full Article