It's a girl for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has given birth to a girl, her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan announced on Twitter on Wednesday.
"I AM DADA (grandfather) to the cutest baby girl!!" Bachchan said.
Rai, 38, a former Miss World, has been married to actor Abhishek Bachchan for more than four years and the star couple had been fending off baby rumours for months before the pregnancy was confirmed in June.
The Bollywood actress was expected to give birth to her first child in November and the Indian media had followed her pregnancy obsessively.
The actress had been admitted to a Mumbai hospital on Monday.
Rai, who often features on ‘most beautiful’ lists, has worked in several Bollywood and Hollywood films.
(Writing by Tony Tharakan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
Kalki Koechlin is one of the few Bollywood actresses in recent years to build her star power while proving her talent in indie and mainstream cinema. Koechlin, 30, who was born in India to French parents, spoke to Reuters about her role as a disabled girl in "Margarita, With a Straw" and spending two months in a wheelchair for the part. Full Article