It's a girl for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has given birth to a girl, her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan announced on Twitter on Wednesday.
"I AM DADA (grandfather) to the cutest baby girl!!" Bachchan said.
Rai, 38, a former Miss World, has been married to actor Abhishek Bachchan for more than four years and the star couple had been fending off baby rumours for months before the pregnancy was confirmed in June.
The Bollywood actress was expected to give birth to her first child in November and the Indian media had followed her pregnancy obsessively.
The actress had been admitted to a Mumbai hospital on Monday.
Rai, who often features on ‘most beautiful’ lists, has worked in several Bollywood and Hollywood films.
(Writing by Tony Tharakan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India says Pakistan border clashes "extremely serious and provocative"
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Blind enormously proud to be a Red Devil
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions
- Alibaba aims to launch share sale in early September-source
“Raja Natwarlal” is a flimsily written and half-heartedly directed film, which falls short of its lofty ambitions because no one associated with it seems to have any concern for detailing or authenticity on celluloid. Emraan Hashmi seems to have got the role down pat, and doesn’t feel the need to do anything extra. The script holds Paresh Rawal and Kay Kay Menon down, writes Shilpa Jamkhandikar. Full Article