It's a girl for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has given birth to a girl, her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan announced on Twitter on Wednesday.
"I AM DADA (grandfather) to the cutest baby girl!!" Bachchan said.
Rai, 38, a former Miss World, has been married to actor Abhishek Bachchan for more than four years and the star couple had been fending off baby rumours for months before the pregnancy was confirmed in June.
The Bollywood actress was expected to give birth to her first child in November and the Indian media had followed her pregnancy obsessively.
The actress had been admitted to a Mumbai hospital on Monday.
Rai, who often features on ‘most beautiful’ lists, has worked in several Bollywood and Hollywood films.
(Writing by Tony Tharakan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Three major nations absent as China launches World Bank rival in Asia
- Microsoft sales beat Street hopes, cloud profits up
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Google commits to $1 billion in long-term office leases
Kalki Koechlin is one of the few actresses in recent years to build her star power while proving her talent in indie and mainstream Indian cinema. This year, she plays Laila, a teenager who is afflicted with cerebral palsy in Shonali Bose’s “Margarita, With a Straw”. Koechlin spoke to Reuters about her role in the film and spending two months in a wheelchair for the part. Full Article