It's a girl for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has given birth to a girl, her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan announced on Twitter on Wednesday.
"I AM DADA (grandfather) to the cutest baby girl!!" Bachchan said.
Rai, 38, a former Miss World, has been married to actor Abhishek Bachchan for more than four years and the star couple had been fending off baby rumours for months before the pregnancy was confirmed in June.
The Bollywood actress was expected to give birth to her first child in November and the Indian media had followed her pregnancy obsessively.
The actress had been admitted to a Mumbai hospital on Monday.
Rai, who often features on ‘most beautiful’ lists, has worked in several Bollywood and Hollywood films.
(Writing by Tony Tharakan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
Oscar de la Renta, one of the most sought-after fashion designers of the last half century, dressing American first ladies and Hollywood stars in his classic silhouettes, died on Monday at the age of 82. Article