It's a girl for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has given birth to a girl, her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan announced on Twitter on Wednesday.
"I AM DADA (grandfather) to the cutest baby girl!!" Bachchan said.
Rai, 38, a former Miss World, has been married to actor Abhishek Bachchan for more than four years and the star couple had been fending off baby rumours for months before the pregnancy was confirmed in June.
The Bollywood actress was expected to give birth to her first child in November and the Indian media had followed her pregnancy obsessively.
The actress had been admitted to a Mumbai hospital on Monday.
Rai, who often features on ‘most beautiful’ lists, has worked in several Bollywood and Hollywood films.
(Writing by Tony Tharakan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
Marvel's superhero in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" claimed a third straight box office win, collecting $26.6 million at the domestic box office to beat the colorful birds of animated film "Rio 2," which generated $22.5 million in ticket sales. Full Article