CAIRO Egypt's ruling military council has accepted the resignation tendered by the cabinet on Sunday, Al Jazeera satellite television said, citing unnamed sources.
The cabinet had said earlier it had presented its resignation on Sunday, following violent clashes in Cairo's Tahrir square between police and protesters.
(Reporting by Ahmed Tolba; Writing by Shaimaa Fayed)
Trending On Reuters
Hundreds of angry migrants demonstrated outside Budapest's Eastern Railway Terminus on Tuesday demanding they be allowed to travel on to Germany, as the biggest ever influx of migrants into the European Union left its asylum policies in tatters. Full Article
- Thailand arrests second foreign suspect in Bangkok blast probe
- Satellite images confirm major temple destroyed in Syria's Palmyra - U.N
- Pope to allow all priests to forgive abortion during Holy Year
- Citing God's authority, clerk defies U.S. top court on gay marriages
- Five protesters killed in fresh Nepal violence - police