Al Jazeera: Egypt army accepts govt resignation
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's ruling military council has accepted the resignation tendered by the cabinet on Sunday, Al Jazeera satellite television said, citing unnamed sources.
The cabinet had said earlier it had presented its resignation on Sunday, following violent clashes in Cairo's Tahrir square between police and protesters.
(Reporting by Ahmed Tolba; Writing by Shaimaa Fayed)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Blind enormously proud to be a Red Devil
- India says Pakistan border clashes "extremely serious and provocative"
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Alibaba aims to launch share sale in early September-source
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions
Ukraine said Russian tanks had flattened a small border town and pro-Russian rebels had made fresh gains in its east, as EU leaders signalled on Saturday they would threaten more sanctions against Moscow over the crisis. Full Article