CAIRO Egypt's ruling military council has accepted the resignation tendered by the cabinet on Sunday, Al Jazeera satellite television said, citing unnamed sources.
The cabinet had said earlier it had presented its resignation on Sunday, following violent clashes in Cairo's Tahrir square between police and protesters.
(Reporting by Ahmed Tolba; Writing by Shaimaa Fayed)
Trending On Reuters
Turkey shot down a Russian warplane near the Syrian border on Tuesday, saying it had repeatedly violated its air space, one of the most serious publicly acknowledged clashes between a NATO member country and Russia for half a century. Full Article | Video
- At least 11 dead in attack on Tunisia military bus
- Man who lodged suspected Paris attackers goes before judge
- Vatican puts journalists on trial amid human rights furore
- U.N. decries Balkans border curbs on refugees; arrivals in Greece fall sharply
- Putin's 'realpolitik' aims to make Russia indispensable