Al Jazeera: Egypt army accepts govt resignation
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's ruling military council has accepted the resignation tendered by the cabinet on Sunday, Al Jazeera satellite television said, citing unnamed sources.
The cabinet had said earlier it had presented its resignation on Sunday, following violent clashes in Cairo's Tahrir square between police and protesters.
(Reporting by Ahmed Tolba; Writing by Shaimaa Fayed)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- U.N.'s Pillay says Israel may be committing war crimes
- Nifty hits record high on foreign buying, higher Asian stocks
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels shoot down two fighter jets
Downing Of Flight MH17
A Dutch air force transport plane carrying the first 16 coffins with the remains of victims of the downed Malaysian airliner took off on Wednesday from an airport in the eastern Ukrainian city of Kharkiv for the Netherlands. Full Article | Video
Wrecked Concordia finally headed for scrapyard after massive salvage operation. Full Article
Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food . Full Article