Al Jazeera: Egypt army accepts govt resignation
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's ruling military council has accepted the resignation tendered by the cabinet on Sunday, Al Jazeera satellite television said, citing unnamed sources.
The cabinet had said earlier it had presented its resignation on Sunday, following violent clashes in Cairo's Tahrir square between police and protesters.
(Reporting by Ahmed Tolba; Writing by Shaimaa Fayed)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
New York and New Jersey will automatically quarantine medical workers returning from Ebola-hit West African countries and the U.S. government is considering the same step after a doctor who treated patients in Guinea came back infected, officials said. Full Article | Slideshow
Kurds reject Erdogan report of deal with Syrian rebels to aid besieged Kobani. Full Article