Al Jazeera: Egypt army accepts govt resignation
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's ruling military council has accepted the resignation tendered by the cabinet on Sunday, Al Jazeera satellite television said, citing unnamed sources.
The cabinet had said earlier it had presented its resignation on Sunday, following violent clashes in Cairo's Tahrir square between police and protesters.
(Reporting by Ahmed Tolba; Writing by Shaimaa Fayed)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- UPDATE 2-Erdogan says Turkey may ban Facebook, YouTube over wiretaps
- U.S. says ready to do business with BJP's Narendra Modi
Vladimir Putin rebuffed a warning from U.S. President Barack Obama over Moscow's military intervention in Crimea, saying that Russia could not ignore calls for help from Russian speakers in Ukraine. Full Article | Video