CAIRO Egypt's ruling military council has accepted the resignation tendered by the cabinet on Sunday, Al Jazeera satellite television said, citing unnamed sources.
The cabinet had said earlier it had presented its resignation on Sunday, following violent clashes in Cairo's Tahrir square between police and protesters.
(Reporting by Ahmed Tolba; Writing by Shaimaa Fayed)
Trending On Reuters
Russia said on Saturday it will step up air strikes in Syria, escalating a military intervention which Moscow says is weakening Islamic State militants but which Western powers say aims to support President Bashar al-Assad. Full Article | Video
- At least 16 killed at Afghan hospital after U.S. air strike
- Gunman in Oregon massacre was turned away from firearms academy
- Islamic State claims responsibility for killing Japanese man in Bangladesh
- Migrants break into Channel Tunnel as tension mounts in Calais
- Two suicide car bombs kill at least 18 people in Baghdad - police and medical sources