STXNEWS LATAM-Chile stocks jump on euro zone plan hopes
Chile stocks have ended sharply firmer, tracking gains on global markets that rose on growing optimism European leaders were readying a plan to resolve the region's debt crisis. Local opportunity buying also boosted the local index.
For more, see [ID:nN1E7AR19F]
Santiago's blue-chip IPSA stock index .IPSA has ended a preliminary 2.44 percent firmer. Shares in LAN Airlines LAN.SN have closed 4.58 percent stronger, while heavyweight industrial conglomerate Copec COP.SN has ended 2.76 percent up.
(Reporting by Felipe Iturrieta) email@example.com; +562-370-4229
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- Argentina credit story grows murkier as talks collapse
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Best Buy CEO says tablet sales are "crashing" - Re/code
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
Kerry in India
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who arrived in India on Wednesday for an official visit, has pressed New Delhi to drop its opposition to global trade reforms, saying it was a test of the country's commitment to advance economic liberalisation. Full Article | Slideshow