STXNEWS LATAM-Chile stocks jump on euro zone plan hopes
Chile stocks have ended sharply firmer, tracking gains on global markets that rose on growing optimism European leaders were readying a plan to resolve the region's debt crisis. Local opportunity buying also boosted the local index.
For more, see [ID:nN1E7AR19F]
Santiago's blue-chip IPSA stock index .IPSA has ended a preliminary 2.44 percent firmer. Shares in LAN Airlines LAN.SN have closed 4.58 percent stronger, while heavyweight industrial conglomerate Copec COP.SN has ended 2.76 percent up.
(Reporting by Felipe Iturrieta) email@example.com; +562-370-4229
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Wall Street finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Former Cream frontman Jack Bruce dies aged 71
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
The Nifty will stay in a broad band of 7,800-8,200 with an immediate resistance at around 8,050 levels. One should look to selectively accumulate in sectors such as infrastructure, capital goods, cement, power and metals. The outperforming sectors such as pharma, IT and auto ancillaries could take a breather due to international headwinds, writes Ambareesh Baliga. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article