STXNEWS LATAM-Chile stocks jump on euro zone plan hopes
Chile stocks have ended sharply firmer, tracking gains on global markets that rose on growing optimism European leaders were readying a plan to resolve the region's debt crisis. Local opportunity buying also boosted the local index.
For more, see [ID:nN1E7AR19F]
Santiago's blue-chip IPSA stock index .IPSA has ended a preliminary 2.44 percent firmer. Shares in LAN Airlines LAN.SN have closed 4.58 percent stronger, while heavyweight industrial conglomerate Copec COP.SN has ended 2.76 percent up.
(Reporting by Felipe Iturrieta) email@example.com; +562-370-4229
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- In weird Brazilian cave insects, male-female sex organs reversed
- Acid attack survivor wins millions on 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
- Divers enter South Korean ferry in hunt for survivors
Wipro posted a 29 percent rise in its fourth-quarter net profit, beating expectations, helped by increased IT spending by its customers. For the quarter ended March 31, the company said it earned 22.27 billion rupees compared with 17.29 billion rupees a year earlier. Full Article | Full Coverage