Depreciating rupee 'matter of concern' - Anand Sharma
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The depreciating rupee is a "matter of concern", Trade Minister Anand Sharma said on Monday after a meeting with industry bodies regarding a decline in industrial production.
The rupee has dropped more than 16 percent against the U.S. dollar since July, making it Asia's worst performing currency this year.
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh, editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Twelve-hour cease-fire takes effect between Israel, Gaza militants
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- UPDATE 1-Former Bear Stearns chairman Greenberg dead at 86
- Israel rejects Gaza ceasefire plan, wants changes - govt source
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
A 12-hour humanitarian truce went into effect on Saturday after Israel and Palestinian militant groups in the Gaza Strip agreed to a U.N. request for a pause in fighting and efforts proceeded to secure a long-term cease-fire moved ahead. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article