Depreciating rupee 'matter of concern' - Anand Sharma
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The depreciating rupee is a "matter of concern", Trade Minister Anand Sharma said on Monday after a meeting with industry bodies regarding a decline in industrial production.
The rupee has dropped more than 16 percent against the U.S. dollar since July, making it Asia's worst performing currency this year.
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh, editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- One dead, one wounded in shooting in Chicago financial district
- Israel, Palestinians locked in vicious circle of Gaza wars
- U.S. advises against non-essential travel to countries hit by Ebola
- Millions of jellyfish-like creatures wash up on western U.S. beaches
- UPDATE 3-Apache to quit gas projects in Australia and Canada
The United States said on Thursday it was hopeful that differences between India and much of the rest of the world over a major trade agreement could be resolved in time, with only hours remaining before the deal has to be signed. Full Article
ONGC, Oil India bid $1.5 bln for stake in Murphy Oil's Malaysia assets - sources Full Article