Depreciating rupee 'matter of concern' - Anand Sharma
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The depreciating rupee is a "matter of concern", Trade Minister Anand Sharma said on Monday after a meeting with industry bodies regarding a decline in industrial production.
The rupee has dropped more than 16 percent against the U.S. dollar since July, making it Asia's worst performing currency this year.
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh, editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- Islamic State kills 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Bharti Airtel Q2 net profit doubles as India market turns corner
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article