Afghan Taliban say marine abuse tape won't harm talks
Kabul (Reuters) - A spokesman for the Afghan Taliban said on Thursday that a video showing what appear to be U.S. forces in Afghanistan urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters will not affect efforts to broker peace talks.
"This is not a political process, so the video will not harm our talks and prisoner exchange because they are at the preliminary stage," said spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid.
(Reporting by Mirwais Harooni, writing by Emma Graham-Harrison)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels shoot down two fighter jets
- U.N.'s Pillay says Israel may be committing war crimes
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers
The Nifty rose to a record high on Wednesday, led by gains in blue-chips such as ICICI Bank on continued foreign-investor buying, while higher Asian shares also helped sentiment. Full Article
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article