Afghan Taliban say marine abuse tape won't harm talks
Kabul (Reuters) - A spokesman for the Afghan Taliban said on Thursday that a video showing what appear to be U.S. forces in Afghanistan urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters will not affect efforts to broker peace talks.
"This is not a political process, so the video will not harm our talks and prisoner exchange because they are at the preliminary stage," said spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid.
(Reporting by Mirwais Harooni, writing by Emma Graham-Harrison)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Facebook Q1 revenue grows 72 percent on rising mobile ads
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned
- Kashmiris wary as Modi challenges for power
- Preview - Liverpool seek to land knockout blow on Chelsea
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party was set to make gains in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal that began voting on Thursday in the sixth phase of a mammoth general election that could help it build a stable majority in parliament. Read | Full Coverage: Election 2014
Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned. Full Article
Lupita Nyong'o is named the world's most beautiful person by People magazine. Slideshow