Afghan Taliban say marine abuse tape won't harm talks
Kabul (Reuters) - A spokesman for the Afghan Taliban said on Thursday that a video showing what appear to be U.S. forces in Afghanistan urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters will not affect efforts to broker peace talks.
"This is not a political process, so the video will not harm our talks and prisoner exchange because they are at the preliminary stage," said spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid.
(Reporting by Mirwais Harooni, writing by Emma Graham-Harrison)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wall St Week Ahead - Fed change unlikely to blunt equities' appeal over bonds
- UPDATE 3-Heineken confirms, rebuffs SABMiller bid
- Islamic State executes eight Sunnis in northern Iraq
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine - defence minister
- British queen urges Scots to 'think carefully' on independence vote
About 150,000 people were still stranded in their homes a week after Jammu and Kashmir's worst flood in over a century and fears grew on Sunday of an outbreak of diseases from vast fields of stagnant brown water. Full Article | Slideshow
North Korea sentences US citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labour Full Article