Dharmendra, Shabana Azmi, Mira Nair to get Padma Bhushan
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood veterans Dharmendra and Shabana Azmi are among 109 civilians who will be honoured with the Padma awards, the government announced on Wednesday.
Actors Dharmendra, Azmi and film-maker Mira Nair have been chosen for the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award.
Musician Bhupen Hazarika and cartoonist Mario Miranda have been posthumously honoured with the Padma Vibhushan, the nation's second highest civilian award.
Musician Vanraj Bhatia and singer Anup Jalota were awarded the Padma Shri.
The Padma awards, handed out by the President for civilian contribution in varied fields, will have 109 recipients this year. (Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Plague in Madagascar has killed 40 people out of 119 cases -WHO
- Widespread flooding ahead for snowy western New York: officials |
- U.S., Iran discussing new ideas to break nuclear impasse - sources
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Video streaming service Aereo files for bankruptcy
It’s not just gold imports that India is trying to curb. It looks like Kim Kardashian’s visit to India and her guest spot on the TV show “Bigg Boss” won’t happen after all. Reuters confirmed through two sources — who predictably enough didn’t want to be quoted — that the appearance on the Colors TV network programme has been cancelled because of a “visa issue”. Full Article