Dharmendra, Shabana Azmi, Mira Nair to get Padma Bhushan
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood veterans Dharmendra and Shabana Azmi are among 109 civilians who will be honoured with the Padma awards, the government announced on Wednesday.
Actors Dharmendra, Azmi and film-maker Mira Nair have been chosen for the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award.
Musician Bhupen Hazarika and cartoonist Mario Miranda have been posthumously honoured with the Padma Vibhushan, the nation's second highest civilian award.
Musician Vanraj Bhatia and singer Anup Jalota were awarded the Padma Shri.
The Padma awards, handed out by the President for civilian contribution in varied fields, will have 109 recipients this year. (Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Cold hard facts: Underwater robot measures Antarctic sea ice |
- 'Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion suit, Casablanca piano go for millions
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Missouri governor orders more troops to Ferguson after riots |
- India moves toward ban on loose cigarettes to deter smoking
Sex Assault Claims
Mexican surrealists top Latin American auction, Botero sets record Full Article
Hong Kong protesters brace for street art literally going under the hammer Full Article