Dharmendra, Shabana Azmi, Mira Nair to get Padma Bhushan
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood veterans Dharmendra and Shabana Azmi are among 109 civilians who will be honoured with the Padma awards, the government announced on Wednesday.
Actors Dharmendra, Azmi and film-maker Mira Nair have been chosen for the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award.
Musician Bhupen Hazarika and cartoonist Mario Miranda have been posthumously honoured with the Padma Vibhushan, the nation's second highest civilian award.
Musician Vanraj Bhatia and singer Anup Jalota were awarded the Padma Shri.
The Padma awards, handed out by the President for civilian contribution in varied fields, will have 109 recipients this year. (Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State
- Tracy Morgan incredulous Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries
Life is fine on Boulevard Chanel, the street facade created by designer Karl Lagerfeld for his ready-to-wear show on Tuesday, where leggy models in expensive outfits staged a faux demonstration as part of the spectacle. Full Article
Tracy Morgan incredulous that Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries. Full Article
Stella McCartney goes airy for summer, Lagerfeld Barbie a hit at Paris Fashion Week. Full Article