Dharmendra, Shabana Azmi, Mira Nair to get Padma Bhushan
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood veterans Dharmendra and Shabana Azmi are among 109 civilians who will be honoured with the Padma awards, the government announced on Wednesday.
Actors Dharmendra, Azmi and film-maker Mira Nair have been chosen for the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award.
Musician Bhupen Hazarika and cartoonist Mario Miranda have been posthumously honoured with the Padma Vibhushan, the nation's second highest civilian award.
Musician Vanraj Bhatia and singer Anup Jalota were awarded the Padma Shri.
The Padma awards, handed out by the President for civilian contribution in varied fields, will have 109 recipients this year. (Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |
- Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits six-week low on China fears, commodity prices
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
"Cheek to Cheek"
Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett, bridging a 60-year age gap to form one of music's unlikeliest pairs, launched a jazz album on Monday that lets the pop diva put aside her wacky image to sing sweet harmonies with the elder statesman of cool. Full Article
NASA partners with SpaceX and Boeing to build 'space taxis' to fly astronauts to the International Space Station. Slideshow