At least 1 person wounded in Arizona school shooting
PHOENIX (Reuters) - At least one person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in southeast Arizona, and a suspect is in custody, a sheriff's official said on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a high school in Willcox, about 195 miles (314 km) southeast of Phoenix, at around 3:15 p.m. local time (2215 GMT), according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.
"There was one injury, possibly a student, non-life threatening, and possibly one in custody," sheriff's department spokeswoman Carol Capas told Reuters.
(Reporting y Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Cold hard facts: Underwater robot measures Antarctic sea ice |
- 'Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion suit, Casablanca piano go for millions
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Missouri governor orders more troops to Ferguson after riots |
- India moves toward ban on loose cigarettes to deter smoking
Ferguson Teen Shooting
The St. Louis area braced for another day of protests on Tuesday after a grand jury cleared a white police officer in the fatal August shooting of an unarmed black teenager, sparking a night of violent and racially charged rioting. Full Article
U.S. to leave more troops in Afghanistan than first planned - sources. Full Article