At least 1 person wounded in Arizona school shooting
PHOENIX (Reuters) - At least one person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in southeast Arizona, and a suspect is in custody, a sheriff's official said on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a high school in Willcox, about 195 miles (314 km) southeast of Phoenix, at around 3:15 p.m. local time (2215 GMT), according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.
"There was one injury, possibly a student, non-life threatening, and possibly one in custody," sheriff's department spokeswoman Carol Capas told Reuters.
(Reporting y Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack
- UPDATE 5-GM hires law firms it works with to probe recall response
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources
- Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks |
- China deploys 10 satellites to help in search for Malaysia jet
MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE
The so-far fruitless search for a missing Malaysian airliner entered its fourth day, as sources in Europe, the United States and Asia voiced growing scepticism that the flight lost 239 people on board was the target of an attack. Full Article
U.S. lawmakers urge Pentagon to allow Sikhs leeway in military attire. Full Article