At least 1 person wounded in Arizona school shooting
PHOENIX (Reuters) - At least one person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in southeast Arizona, and a suspect is in custody, a sheriff's official said on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a high school in Willcox, about 195 miles (314 km) southeast of Phoenix, at around 3:15 p.m. local time (2215 GMT), according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.
"There was one injury, possibly a student, non-life threatening, and possibly one in custody," sheriff's department spokeswoman Carol Capas told Reuters.
(Reporting y Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- PM Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India - CNN
- EU relief at Scotland's "no" tinged with fear of nationalism
- UPDATE 7-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-SAP agrees to buy expense software maker Concur for $7.3 bln
People reacted with relief and joy on one side and disappointment laced with bitterness on the other on Friday after Scotland decided to stay part of the UK in a referendum on independence. Full Article
For followers of Nigeria's "Prophet", building collapse was "Satan's work". Full Article