At least 1 person wounded in Arizona school shooting
PHOENIX (Reuters) - At least one person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in southeast Arizona, and a suspect is in custody, a sheriff's official said on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a high school in Willcox, about 195 miles (314 km) southeast of Phoenix, at around 3:15 p.m. local time (2215 GMT), according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.
"There was one injury, possibly a student, non-life threatening, and possibly one in custody," sheriff's department spokeswoman Carol Capas told Reuters.
(Reporting y Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- Hundreds of Iraqi tribesmen opposed to Islamic State found in mass graves
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Sensex, Nifty hit record highs, shrug off Fed's hawkish tone
All hopes of finding survivors under the mud and rubble of a landslide in south-central Sri Lanka had run out by first light on Thursday, though a government minister cut the estimated death toll to more than 100 from 300 the previous night. Full Article | Pictures
At least 3 million in Somalia in need of aid - U.N. Secretary General. Full Article