At least 1 person wounded in Arizona school shooting
PHOENIX (Reuters) - At least one person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in southeast Arizona, and a suspect is in custody, a sheriff's official said on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a high school in Willcox, about 195 miles (314 km) southeast of Phoenix, at around 3:15 p.m. local time (2215 GMT), according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.
"There was one injury, possibly a student, non-life threatening, and possibly one in custody," sheriff's department spokeswoman Carol Capas told Reuters.
(Reporting y Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- California woman gets stuck in chimney trying to sneak into home
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
The United States issued stringent new protocols on Monday for health workers treating Ebola victims, directing medical teams to wear protective gear that leaves no skin or hair exposed when caring for patients infected with the virus. Full Article
Violence kills a child every five minutes, most outside war zones - U.N. Full Article
Polish ex-minister quoted saying Putin offered to divide Ukraine with Poland. Full Article