PHOENIX At least one person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in southeast Arizona, and a suspect is in custody, a sheriff's official said on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a high school in Willcox, about 195 miles (314 km) southeast of Phoenix, at around 3:15 p.m. local time (2215 GMT), according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.
"There was one injury, possibly a student, non-life threatening, and possibly one in custody," sheriff's department spokeswoman Carol Capas told Reuters.
(Reporting y Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
Trending On Reuters
Iran and world powers made progress on future sanctions relief for Iran in marathon nuclear talks on Saturday, but remained divided on issues such as lifting United Nations sanctions and the development of advanced centrifuges. Full Article
- At least 25 Syrian al Qaeda members dead in mosque blast in Syria's Idlib - monitor
- Tunisia's president declares state of emergency after hotel attack
- Hot dogs (many), banners and barbecues as America celebrates July 4
- Syrian army and Hezbollah lay siege to rebel-held border city
- Defence minister rejected as Taliban battle near Kabul