At least 1 person wounded in Arizona school shooting
PHOENIX (Reuters) - At least one person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in southeast Arizona, and a suspect is in custody, a sheriff's official said on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a high school in Willcox, about 195 miles (314 km) southeast of Phoenix, at around 3:15 p.m. local time (2215 GMT), according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.
"There was one injury, possibly a student, non-life threatening, and possibly one in custody," sheriff's department spokeswoman Carol Capas told Reuters.
(Reporting y Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Reuters Poll - India's growth pace to pick up as reforms draw investment
- WHO says Ebola vaccine plans accelerating as trials advance
New York and New Jersey will automatically quarantine medical workers returning from Ebola-hit West African countries and the U.S. government is considering the same step after a doctor who treated patients in Guinea came back infected, officials said. Full Article | Slideshow
Kurds reject Erdogan report of deal with Syrian rebels to aid besieged Kobani. Full Article