At least 1 person wounded in Arizona school shooting
PHOENIX (Reuters) - At least one person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in southeast Arizona, and a suspect is in custody, a sheriff's official said on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a high school in Willcox, about 195 miles (314 km) southeast of Phoenix, at around 3:15 p.m. local time (2215 GMT), according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.
"There was one injury, possibly a student, non-life threatening, and possibly one in custody," sheriff's department spokeswoman Carol Capas told Reuters.
(Reporting y Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- UPDATE 2-Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
European officials proposed sweeping new sanctions on Tuesday to starve Russia's companies of capital and technology as punishment for Moscow's intervention in Ukraine, where Kiev officials said Russia was bolstering an "invasion" force. Full Article
UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence Full Article