At least 1 person wounded in Arizona school shooting
PHOENIX (Reuters) - At least one person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in southeast Arizona, and a suspect is in custody, a sheriff's official said on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a high school in Willcox, about 195 miles (314 km) southeast of Phoenix, at around 3:15 p.m. local time (2215 GMT), according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.
"There was one injury, possibly a student, non-life threatening, and possibly one in custody," sheriff's department spokeswoman Carol Capas told Reuters.
(Reporting y Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- Facebook beats Wall Street targets, stock hits record high |
- Seven arrests made in $1.6 million StubHub cyberfraud case |
- UPDATE 3-Seven arrested internationally in $1.6 million StubHub fraud
- UPDATE 3-Ex-Jefferies trader gets 2 years in prison in fraud case
A domestic TransAsia Airways plane crashed on landing on an island off the west coast of tyhoon-hit Taiwan on Wednesday, killing 47 people, the Civil Aeronautics Administration said. Full Article