At least 1 person wounded in Arizona school shooting
PHOENIX (Reuters) - At least one person has been wounded in a shooting at a high school in southeast Arizona, and a suspect is in custody, a sheriff's official said on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a high school in Willcox, about 195 miles (314 km) southeast of Phoenix, at around 3:15 p.m. local time (2215 GMT), according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.
"There was one injury, possibly a student, non-life threatening, and possibly one in custody," sheriff's department spokeswoman Carol Capas told Reuters.
(Reporting y Tim Gaynor; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 2-Chipotle raising prices as steak, avocados, cheese costs rise
- Scientists find Earth-sized world in orbit friendly to life
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of drugging, raping teen
- Search for Malaysia Airlines jet refocuses on drone scans of seafloor
KOREA FERRY TRAGEDY
Rescuers struggled with strong waves and murky waters on Thursday as they searched for hundreds of people, most of them teenagers from the same school, still missing after a South Korean ferry capsized 36 hours ago. Full Article
The Christian faithful celebrate Holy Week, the week which leads into Easter Sunday. Slideshow