Actor Joy Mukherjee dies at 73
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Veteran actor Joy Mukherjee, who charmed moviegoers with his boyish looks in the 1960s and 70s, died in Mumbai on Friday, hospital authorities said.
Mukherjee, who was admitted to Lilavati hospital earlier this month, was known for his flamboyant dance moves and found success as a leading hero in several Bollywood romances.
His credits included leading roles in "Love in Tokyo", "Shagird" and "Phir Wohi Dil Laya Hoon". Mukherjee's pairing with Asha Parekh was quite popular.
He is survived by his wife and son.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- U.S. Secret Service director resigns under fire
Tracy Morgan incredulous that Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries. Full Article