Actor Joy Mukherjee dies at 73
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Veteran actor Joy Mukherjee, who charmed moviegoers with his boyish looks in the 1960s and 70s, died in Mumbai on Friday, hospital authorities said.
Mukherjee, who was admitted to Lilavati hospital earlier this month, was known for his flamboyant dance moves and found success as a leading hero in several Bollywood romances.
His credits included leading roles in "Love in Tokyo", "Shagird" and "Phir Wohi Dil Laya Hoon". Mukherjee's pairing with Asha Parekh was quite popular.
He is survived by his wife and son.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- India blocks WTO deal on customs rules as deadline nears
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
Mexican director Alejandro Inarritu opens this year's Venice film festival with the premiere of "Birdman", a black comedy that heads a 55-strong selection leaning heavily towards war and recession, festival director Alberto Barbera said on Thursday. Full Article