Actor Joy Mukherjee dies at 73
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Veteran actor Joy Mukherjee, who charmed moviegoers with his boyish looks in the 1960s and 70s, died in Mumbai on Friday, hospital authorities said.
Mukherjee, who was admitted to Lilavati hospital earlier this month, was known for his flamboyant dance moves and found success as a leading hero in several Bollywood romances.
His credits included leading roles in "Love in Tokyo", "Shagird" and "Phir Wohi Dil Laya Hoon". Mukherjee's pairing with Asha Parekh was quite popular.
He is survived by his wife and son.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
Marvel's superhero in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" claimed a third straight box office win, collecting $26.6 million at the domestic box office to beat the colorful birds of animated film "Rio 2," which generated $22.5 million in ticket sales. Full Article