John Abraham's jail term suspended; out on bail
MUMBAI (Reuters) - John Abraham's 15-day jail sentence for rash driving has been suspended by the Bombay High Court and he has been granted bail, the actor's lawyer said on Friday.
Abraham, 39, was briefly in court custody on Friday after a local court upheld an earlier order sentencing him to 15 days in jail in a case of rash and negligent driving.
The actor crashed into two persons in a Mumbai suburb after his bike skidded in April 2006.
"The court suspended his sentence and granted him bail," Abraham's lawyer Abad Ponda told Reuters over telephone.
Abraham last appeared on screen in the 2011 film "Desi Boyz" and announced this week he was producing "Vicky Donor", a film about infertility and the taboos attached to sperm donation.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
- UPDATE 3-TV's "Domestic Goddess" Nigella tells UK court she took cocaine
"Fast & Furious" actor Paul Walker died from multiple injuries in a weekend car crash, the Los Angeles County coroner said on Wednesday, as Universal Pictures suspended production of the seventh installment in its car racing film franchise. Full Article
Items from 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy go under the hammer in Los Angeles. Video