John Abraham's jail term suspended; out on bail
MUMBAI (Reuters) - John Abraham's 15-day jail sentence for rash driving has been suspended by the Bombay High Court and he has been granted bail, the actor's lawyer said on Friday.
Abraham, 39, was briefly in court custody on Friday after a local court upheld an earlier order sentencing him to 15 days in jail in a case of rash and negligent driving.
The actor crashed into two persons in a Mumbai suburb after his bike skidded in April 2006.
"The court suspended his sentence and granted him bail," Abraham's lawyer Abad Ponda told Reuters over telephone.
Abraham last appeared on screen in the 2011 film "Desi Boyz" and announced this week he was producing "Vicky Donor", a film about infertility and the taboos attached to sperm donation.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TCS net profit rises 51.5 percent, beats estimates
- UPDATE 5-Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes - coastguard
- Infosys says staff exodus a worry after Q4 profits beat estimates
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Pro-Russians take control of Ukrainian troop carriers
Singer Miley Cyrus cancelled her Tuesday show in Kansas City, Missouri, after being hospitalized for a "severe allergic reaction to antibiotics". Full Article