John Abraham's jail term suspended; out on bail
MUMBAI (Reuters) - John Abraham's 15-day jail sentence for rash driving has been suspended by the Bombay High Court and he has been granted bail, the actor's lawyer said on Friday.
Abraham, 39, was briefly in court custody on Friday after a local court upheld an earlier order sentencing him to 15 days in jail in a case of rash and negligent driving.
The actor crashed into two persons in a Mumbai suburb after his bike skidded in April 2006.
"The court suspended his sentence and granted him bail," Abraham's lawyer Abad Ponda told Reuters over telephone.
Abraham last appeared on screen in the 2011 film "Desi Boyz" and announced this week he was producing "Vicky Donor", a film about infertility and the taboos attached to sperm donation.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- UPDATE 7-Apple's Cook: "I'm proud to be gay"
- UPDATE 1-Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Bike-riding US nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor
- Apple's Cook: "I'm proud to be gay"
Director Shonal Bose is hoping her new film will throw a spotlight on gay rights in a country where homosexuality remains taboo and little progress has been made on repealing a colonial-era law banning gay sex. Full Article
The latest celebrity news including "Interstellar" stars light up the red carpet. Video