Italy's Monti-Worst of crisis seems over but can't relax
ROME, March 13
ROME, March 13 (Reuters) - Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti said on Tuesday that the worst of the euro zone's financial crisis appears to be over but the region's leaders must not let down their guard.
Speaking at a joint news conference after meeting German Chancellor Angela merkel, Monti said the two countries shared the view that the euro zone must continue to focus firmly on fiscal stability but combine this with more attention to growth.
"The most acute phase of the crisis appears to be definitely over but this is no reason for us to relax," Monti said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Mourinho thanks officials after contentious penalty sinks Chelsea
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days