Infosys, UK's Fabric win 'large' GSK order
BANGALORE (Reuters) - Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS), India's second-largest software services provider, and Britain's Fabric Worldwide Ltd, a provider of digital marketing technology, won a "large" order from GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK.L) to support the UK pharmaceutical company's global marketing campaigns, Infosys said.
It declined to give the specific size of the order.
"I can only say it is a large (order)", Infosys Senior Vice President and Global Head of Life Sciences Dheeshjith V. G. said by phone. "This is the first deal with them, actually, and it is a multi-year, multi-million-dollar deal."
Infosys and Fabric Worldwide will manage computer systems and software applications for GSK, helping it capture and analyse what people are saying about its products on its own website and on social media, helping GSK run more targeted marketing campaigns, another Infosys official said.
(Reporting By Harichandan Arakali; editing by Tony Munroe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Boehner erupts at conservative groups ahead of U.S. budget vote
- UPDATE 2-Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash
- Republican feud boils over in U.S. budget deal fight
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops on taper anxiety; Facebook rallies
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
India's battle with inflation and weak economic growth became more challenging on Thursday with a sharp spike in the cost of food driving the highest retail price rises on record and a worse-than-anticipated contraction in industrial production. Full Article