India to appoint radio frequency auctioneer in 3 mths
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India plans to appoint an auctioneer within the next three months for the third phase of FM radio frequency auction, a ministry official said on Wednesday.
"We hope to finish the first round of this auction by end of the year (2012)," Uday Kumar Varma, secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, told Reuters.
India plans to sell over 850 FM radio frequency licenses in the third phase through an electronic auction.
(Reporting by Nandita Bose; Editing by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Miss America defends student suspended for asking her to prom
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote - latest count
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article