India to appoint radio frequency auctioneer in 3 mths
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India plans to appoint an auctioneer within the next three months for the third phase of FM radio frequency auction, a ministry official said on Wednesday.
"We hope to finish the first round of this auction by end of the year (2012)," Uday Kumar Varma, secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, told Reuters.
India plans to sell over 850 FM radio frequency licenses in the third phase through an electronic auction.
(Reporting by Nandita Bose; Editing by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. drug regulator approves headband device to prevent migraines
- UPDATE 3-Republican Party wins Florida congressional seat in special election
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- Wild theories fill void left by missing Malaysian plane
- Up to $600,000 taken from Houston's Lakewood megachurch safe
Consumer inflation and industrial output data on Wednesday will likely offer little evidence of a respite from high inflation and weak economic growth before a general election that begins next month. Full Article