Indian railways plans to borrow $3 bln in 2012/13
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's railway ministry plans to borrow 150 billion rupees from the market through the Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC) in the 2012/13 fiscal year, Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi said on Wednesday.
Speaking as he unveiled the ministry's budget to parliament, he also said India planned to invest $147 billion in the railways during the next five-year plan period that runs from 2012 to 2017.
(Reporting by Matthias Williams and Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Latest Obamacare legal knot won't be easy to untangle
- UPDATE 3-Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' -U.S. officials
- UPDATE 1-Netanyahu asks Kerry to help resume U.S. flights to Israel
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' - U.S. officials
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article