Indian railways plans to borrow $3 bln in 2012/13
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's railway ministry plans to borrow 150 billion rupees from the market through the Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC) in the 2012/13 fiscal year, Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi said on Wednesday.
Speaking as he unveiled the ministry's budget to parliament, he also said India planned to invest $147 billion in the railways during the next five-year plan period that runs from 2012 to 2017.
(Reporting by Matthias Williams and Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source
- Rupee retreats from 7-month high as shares fall
- India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources
- WRAPUP 5-Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast-source
- Exports fall in February, may miss annual target
MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE
Malaysia is probing if any passengers or crew aboard a missing airliner had personal or psychological problems that might explain its disappearance, along with the possibility of a hijack, sabotage or mechanical failure. Full Article