Schroders in talks for stake in Axis AMC - report
REUTERS - Schroders Plc (SDR.L) is in talks to acquire an almost 30 percent stake in Axis Asset Management in a deal worth around 1.3 billion rupees, two newspapers reported on Wednesday citing unnamed sources.
A senior management team from the London-listed company, which manages assets worth around $290 billion, will visit Mumbai next week to finalise the deal with the mutual fund founded by Axis Bank (AXBK.NS), the Business Standard reported.
A spokesman for Axis or Schroders could not be reached by Reuters.
The acquisition would allow Schroders to sell its products in India, and grant Axis access to the London-listed company's global network.
Schroders had applied to Indian regulators for permission to set up a mutual fund business and received a license last year, the Economic Times said.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in MUMBAI; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Nine reasons why India's WTO veto shocked the world
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
- Doubts surface about Modi after trade deal scuppered
- Rupee posts biggest weekly loss since record lows in August
Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to office with a reputation as a business-friendly leader ready to open up one of the world's biggest markets and sweep away the remnants of the country's socialist past. Full Article