Schroders in talks for stake in Axis AMC - report
REUTERS - Schroders Plc (SDR.L) is in talks to acquire an almost 30 percent stake in Axis Asset Management in a deal worth around 1.3 billion rupees, two newspapers reported on Wednesday citing unnamed sources.
A senior management team from the London-listed company, which manages assets worth around $290 billion, will visit Mumbai next week to finalise the deal with the mutual fund founded by Axis Bank (AXBK.NS), the Business Standard reported.
A spokesman for Axis or Schroders could not be reached by Reuters.
The acquisition would allow Schroders to sell its products in India, and grant Axis access to the London-listed company's global network.
Schroders had applied to Indian regulators for permission to set up a mutual fund business and received a license last year, the Economic Times said.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in MUMBAI; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article