Schroders in talks for stake in Axis AMC - report
REUTERS - Schroders Plc (SDR.L) is in talks to acquire an almost 30 percent stake in Axis Asset Management in a deal worth around 1.3 billion rupees, two newspapers reported on Wednesday citing unnamed sources.
A senior management team from the London-listed company, which manages assets worth around $290 billion, will visit Mumbai next week to finalise the deal with the mutual fund founded by Axis Bank (AXBK.NS), the Business Standard reported.
A spokesman for Axis or Schroders could not be reached by Reuters.
The acquisition would allow Schroders to sell its products in India, and grant Axis access to the London-listed company's global network.
Schroders had applied to Indian regulators for permission to set up a mutual fund business and received a license last year, the Economic Times said.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in MUMBAI; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Fears for tough penalties grow as India cleans up business
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- No fear of deflation: Indian consumers respond to softer oil, food prices
- Giving pricey hepatitis drug to prisoners may be financially wise
- New Jerusalem find may shed light on Jewish revolt against Romans
India's biggest listed property company on Wednesday appealed for interim relief from a three-year ban from accessing capital markets by the regulator. Full Article