Schroders in talks for stake in Axis AMC - report
REUTERS - Schroders Plc (SDR.L) is in talks to acquire an almost 30 percent stake in Axis Asset Management in a deal worth around 1.3 billion rupees, two newspapers reported on Wednesday citing unnamed sources.
A senior management team from the London-listed company, which manages assets worth around $290 billion, will visit Mumbai next week to finalise the deal with the mutual fund founded by Axis Bank (AXBK.NS), the Business Standard reported.
A spokesman for Axis or Schroders could not be reached by Reuters.
The acquisition would allow Schroders to sell its products in India, and grant Axis access to the London-listed company's global network.
Schroders had applied to Indian regulators for permission to set up a mutual fund business and received a license last year, the Economic Times said.
(Reporting by Henry Foy in MUMBAI; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- WRAPUP 2-Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article