BSE Sensex gains 1 pct; Infosys advances
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The BSE Sensex rose 1 percent at the open on Wednesday, led by gains in technology stocks after upbeat U.S. economic data and benign comments from the U.S. Federal Reserve lifted sentiment.
Infosys rose 1.7 percent. Among other gainers, ICICI bank (ICBK.NS) rose 2 percent and energy conglomerate Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) rose 0.7 percent
At 9:29 a.m., the benchmark 30-share BSE index was up 0.97 percent at 17,986. The 50-share NSE index rose 1 percent to 5,487.75.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Mourinho thanks officials after contentious penalty sinks Chelsea
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video