Nokia working on own tablet - design chief
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Nokia design chief Marko Ahtisaari is spending a third of his time on creating a tablet for the cellphone maker, which would stand out among hundreds of iPad-challengers, he said in an interview with Finnish magazine Kauppalehti Optio.
"We are working on it," he was quoted as saying.
Nokia's Chief Executive Stephen Elop has said the category is interesting for the Finnish company, but has stressed the need for a different approach to numerous rivals trying to battle against the dominance of Apple's iPad.
"We continue to eye the tablet space with interest, but have made no specific announcements," a company spokesman said on Thursday.
Nokia is widely expected to launch an own tablet using Microsoft's Windows 8 software later this year.
(Reporting By Tarmo Virki; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- Facebook beats Wall Street targets, stock hits record high |
- UPDATE 3-SEC's long path to money market fund reform ends in compromise
- UPDATE 3-Tanker charge tarnishes Boeing's 2nd-quarter profit
Facebook Inc increased its revenue 61 percent in the second quarter, beating Wall Street's target as the Internet company benefited from strong demand for its mobile advertising business. Full Article