Canada's Flaherty says RIM to set own fate
TORONTO, March 30
TORONTO, March 30 (Reuters) - Asked if the Canadian government would accept at takeover of Research In Motion, Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Friday that the BlackBerry maker would set its own fate.
"RIM is a private company that trades and has shareholders of course so ... they will be the masters of their own destiny. We would like RIM obviously to be successful as a Canadian company, which it has been, a very innovative successful company. We hope that that would persist," he told reporters in Toronto.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- Hundreds of Iraqi tribesmen opposed to Islamic State found in mass graves
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Sensex, Nifty hit record highs, shrug off Fed's hawkish tone