Canada's Flaherty says RIM to set own fate
TORONTO, March 30
TORONTO, March 30 (Reuters) - Asked if the Canadian government would accept at takeover of Research In Motion, Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Friday that the BlackBerry maker would set its own fate.
"RIM is a private company that trades and has shareholders of course so ... they will be the masters of their own destiny. We would like RIM obviously to be successful as a Canadian company, which it has been, a very innovative successful company. We hope that that would persist," he told reporters in Toronto.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source