Big aftershocks strike Indonesia's Aceh, sea level rises
JAKARTA (Reuters) - At least two major quakes with a magnitude exceeding 8.0 hit off the coast of Indonesia's Aceh province on Wednesday, the U.S. Geological Survery said, and a tsunami warning remained in effect.
The first quake measured 8.6 at a depth of 14.2 miles, according to the United States Geological Survey. The second quake was measured at 8.2 at a depth of 10.2 miles.
(Reporting by Jakarta newsroom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit
- KKR to lend $175 million to GMR Infrastructure - source
- Alibaba boosts IPO as demand strengthens
- India to decide on diesel deregulation after state polls - oil ministry source
India said on Tuesday it would firmly defend its 3,500-km-long border with China after domestic media reported a new face-off on the disputed frontier, just days ahead of a visit by President Xi Jinping. Full Article
For Oscar-winning Tanovic, Emraan Hashmi’s “serial kisser” tag didn’t matter. Full Article