Big aftershocks strike Indonesia's Aceh, sea level rises
JAKARTA (Reuters) - At least two major quakes with a magnitude exceeding 8.0 hit off the coast of Indonesia's Aceh province on Wednesday, the U.S. Geological Survery said, and a tsunami warning remained in effect.
The first quake measured 8.6 at a depth of 14.2 miles, according to the United States Geological Survey. The second quake was measured at 8.2 at a depth of 10.2 miles.
(Reporting by Jakarta newsroom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
Somali pirates have freed seven Indian sailors detained for close to four years in exchange for an undisclosed ransom, Somali officials and a maritime monitoring group said on Friday. Full Article