Big aftershocks strike Indonesia's Aceh, sea level rises
JAKARTA (Reuters) - At least two major quakes with a magnitude exceeding 8.0 hit off the coast of Indonesia's Aceh province on Wednesday, the U.S. Geological Survery said, and a tsunami warning remained in effect.
The first quake measured 8.6 at a depth of 14.2 miles, according to the United States Geological Survey. The second quake was measured at 8.2 at a depth of 10.2 miles.
(Reporting by Jakarta newsroom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article