Big aftershocks strike Indonesia's Aceh, sea level rises
JAKARTA (Reuters) - At least two major quakes with a magnitude exceeding 8.0 hit off the coast of Indonesia's Aceh province on Wednesday, the U.S. Geological Survery said, and a tsunami warning remained in effect.
The first quake measured 8.6 at a depth of 14.2 miles, according to the United States Geological Survey. The second quake was measured at 8.2 at a depth of 10.2 miles.
(Reporting by Jakarta newsroom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NTT DoCoMo to exit India, unload entire stake in Tata Teleservices - sources
- UPDATE 3-Apple, Google agree to settle lawsuit alleging hiring conspiracy
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- UPDATE 2-FCC pushes back against criticism over Internet traffic plan
- New Microsoft CEO Nadella impresses Wall Street, stresses challenges
Not only will Narendra Modi not have a dynasty to appease, but the obstructive, old guard in his own BJP may have to consider retirement if the size of Modi’s election victory matches the hype of his campaign. One of Modi’s first tasks will be to restore the glory of the prime minister’s office, writes Andy Mukherjee. Full Article | Full Coverage
Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned. Full Article
Janet Yellen, Miley Cyrus odd bedfellows in Time's list of 100 most influential. Full Article