RIM to launch updates of popular BlackBerry apps
REUTERS - Research In Motion said it will shortly release a slew of updates for its BlackBerry apps, making it easier for users to stay connected with their messenger community.
Apps such as Facebook, Twitter, BBM Music and BlackBerry App World will now include BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) connectivity, the Canadian company said in a statement on Wednesday.
Users will now be able to automatically share their Facebook status or Twitter update with their BBM friends from the apps, it added.
Alec Saunders, vice president of developer relations at RIM, said about one in every five apps being downloaded on BlackBerry App World is BBM-connected.
Waterloo, Ontario-based RIM has more than 70,000 apps in its App World store for either BlackBerry phones or the PlayBook tablet, compared with 200,000 iPad apps, and half a million for the iPhone.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Kentucky firefighter critical after ice bucket challenge mishap
- WHO warns of 'shadow zones' and unreported Ebola cases
- China gold exchange gains traction as yuan reforms stir interest
Suppliers to Apple are scrambling to get enough screens ready for the new iPhone 6 as the need to redesign a key component disrupted panel production ahead of next month's expected launch, supply chain sources said. Full Article
Xiaomi ordered sapphire glass for limited edition phone - S.Korea newspaper. Full Article
Qualcomm will strive for resolution to China anti-trust probe-regulator. Full Article