RIM to launch updates of popular BlackBerry apps
REUTERS - Research In Motion said it will shortly release a slew of updates for its BlackBerry apps, making it easier for users to stay connected with their messenger community.
Apps such as Facebook, Twitter, BBM Music and BlackBerry App World will now include BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) connectivity, the Canadian company said in a statement on Wednesday.
Users will now be able to automatically share their Facebook status or Twitter update with their BBM friends from the apps, it added.
Alec Saunders, vice president of developer relations at RIM, said about one in every five apps being downloaded on BlackBerry App World is BBM-connected.
Waterloo, Ontario-based RIM has more than 70,000 apps in its App World store for either BlackBerry phones or the PlayBook tablet, compared with 200,000 iPad apps, and half a million for the iPhone.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial
- UPDATE 3-GM to halt car production in Australia, industry in crisis
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-Obama says budget deal is good first step, urges Congress to act
- Rajan says to unveil steps to tackle financial stress
Google Inc opened its first two data centres in Asia on Wednesday to cater to the world's fastest growing consumer technology markets, but the company has no plans to open one in China or India. Full Article