Infosys says Q1 margin seen down 2 pct q/q
BANGALORE (Reuters) - Infosys, India's No.2 software services exporter, expects profit margin in the quarter to end-June to be 200 basis points lower than in the quarter to end-March, its chief financial officer said on Friday.
Margins would be hit by staff hiring charges and visa-related costs, V. Balakrishnan told reporters.
Bangalore-based Infosys posted a 27.4 percent rise in quarterly profit on Friday, but forecast lower-than-expected revenue growth for the current fiscal year due to an uncertain global economy and currency volatility.
(Reporting by Harichandan Arakali; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- REFILE-Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- UPDATE 4-Sysco to buy US Foods from private equity, shares leap
- UPDATE 2-U.S. household net worth hits record high in Q3
The BJP vowed on Monday to seize the momentum from a string of big state poll victories and smooth the tough job of broadening its appeal beyond traditional northern strongholds in time for a national election next year. Full Article