Shah Rukh Khan detained at New York airport
REUTERS - Actor Shah Rukh Khan has said he was detained at New York's White Plains airport by immigration authorities.
Khan, 46, who was in the U.S. to deliver a speech at Yale University, received a Chubb Fellowship, the university's highest honour on Thursday evening.
The actor joked about the incident in his speech.
"It was a long flight, we were detained at the airport for an hour and a half, as always happens," Khan said.
"Whenever I feel arrogant, I always visit America," he said to much laughter in the auditorium.
Khan has faced immigration trouble before, being questioned at Newark airport in 2009. At the time, the actor said he felt "angry and humiliated".
On Friday, television channels quoted External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna as saying India would take up the issue with U.S. authorities.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- U.S. urges Moscow to immediately withdraw convoy from Ukraine
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX slips after Yellen comments, Ukraine tensions
- Liverpool won't change attacking style says Rodgers
“Katiyabaaz” takes a compelling look at an enormous problem, and transforms the mundane, all-too-familiar reality of India’s power crisis into a gripping tale of Indian ingenuity and battle for survival. The movie releases on Friday; watch it if stark reality on celluloid does not leave you feeling bored, short-changed or overwhelmed, writes Anupriya Kumar. Review