Shah Rukh Khan detained at New York airport
REUTERS - Actor Shah Rukh Khan has said he was detained at New York's White Plains airport by immigration authorities.
Khan, 46, who was in the U.S. to deliver a speech at Yale University, received a Chubb Fellowship, the university's highest honour on Thursday evening.
The actor joked about the incident in his speech.
"It was a long flight, we were detained at the airport for an hour and a half, as always happens," Khan said.
"Whenever I feel arrogant, I always visit America," he said to much laughter in the auditorium.
Khan has faced immigration trouble before, being questioned at Newark airport in 2009. At the time, the actor said he felt "angry and humiliated".
On Friday, television channels quoted External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna as saying India would take up the issue with U.S. authorities.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Court orders Russia to pay $50 bln for seizing Yukos assets
- UPDATE 3-Judge allows $2 bln sale of NBA's Los Angeles Clippers to proceed
- UPDATE 5-Property website Zillow to buy rival Trulia to cut costs
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- UPDATE 6-Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar to stave off competition
French film director Luc Besson was over $5 million richer on Monday after his film "Lucy" starring Scarlett Johansson as a woman with a super-powered brain topped the North American box office at the weekend. Full Article