Shah Rukh Khan detained at New York airport
REUTERS - Actor Shah Rukh Khan has said he was detained at New York's White Plains airport by immigration authorities.
Khan, 46, who was in the U.S. to deliver a speech at Yale University, received a Chubb Fellowship, the university's highest honour on Thursday evening.
The actor joked about the incident in his speech.
"It was a long flight, we were detained at the airport for an hour and a half, as always happens," Khan said.
"Whenever I feel arrogant, I always visit America," he said to much laughter in the auditorium.
Khan has faced immigration trouble before, being questioned at Newark airport in 2009. At the time, the actor said he felt "angry and humiliated".
On Friday, television channels quoted External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna as saying India would take up the issue with U.S. authorities.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- UPDATE 3-Ebola lockdown brings Sierra Leone capital to a halt
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- UPDATE 9-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
“Daawat-e-Ishq” is one of those infuriating films that seem to go on for ever, getting more monotonous by the minute. There is nothing that can be salvaged in this project. It doesn’t work as a love story or a crime caper, and is as unpalatable as five-day-old biryani, writes our Bollywood correspondent Shilpa Jamkhandikar. Full Article