Shah Rukh Khan detained at New York airport
REUTERS - Actor Shah Rukh Khan has said he was detained at New York's White Plains airport by immigration authorities.
Khan, 46, who was in the U.S. to deliver a speech at Yale University, received a Chubb Fellowship, the university's highest honour on Thursday evening.
The actor joked about the incident in his speech.
"It was a long flight, we were detained at the airport for an hour and a half, as always happens," Khan said.
"Whenever I feel arrogant, I always visit America," he said to much laughter in the auditorium.
Khan has faced immigration trouble before, being questioned at Newark airport in 2009. At the time, the actor said he felt "angry and humiliated".
On Friday, television channels quoted External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna as saying India would take up the issue with U.S. authorities.
(Reporting by Shilpa Jamkhandikar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
'Guardians of the Galaxy' wins weekend, tops this year's box office universe Full Article