Taliban claim responsibility for attacks in Afghan capital
KABUL (Reuters) - The Taliban said they and other militant groups were behind a coordinated assault in the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Sunday which included attacks on the British and German embassies in the heavily guarded, central diplomatic district.
(For Slideshow Taliban under siege, click here)
The Taliban also said they were carrying out attacks in several Afghan provinces.
(Reporting by Hamid Shalizi; Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Facebook Q1 revenue grows 72 percent on rising mobile ads
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Kashmiris wary as Modi challenges for power
- BJP eyes gains in south, east to cut clout of regional queens
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party was set to make gains in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal that began voting on Thursday in the sixth phase of a mammoth general election that could help it build a stable majority in parliament. Read | Full Coverage: Election 2014
Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned. Full Article
Lupita Nyong'o is named the world's most beautiful person by People magazine. Slideshow