Taliban claim responsibility for attacks in Afghan capital
KABUL (Reuters) - The Taliban said they and other militant groups were behind a coordinated assault in the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Sunday which included attacks on the British and German embassies in the heavily guarded, central diplomatic district.
(For Slideshow Taliban under siege, click here)
The Taliban also said they were carrying out attacks in several Afghan provinces.
(Reporting by Hamid Shalizi; Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'Plastic' Halloween skulls found in Connecticut are human remains
- Individual genetic differences may affect Ebola survival - study
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- US STOCKS-Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally
- UPDATE 1-J.P. Morgan found hackers through breach of corporate event website -media
Somali pirates have freed seven Indian sailors detained for close to four years in exchange for an undisclosed ransom, Somali officials and a maritime monitoring group said on Friday. Full Article
Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California. Full Article