Afghan defence ministry says 32 insurgents killed in attacks
KABUL (Reuters) - Afghan security forces killed 32 insurgents and arrested one more in operations to stop coordinated attacks by Taliban insurgents that hit the capital of Kabul and three other provinces, the defence ministry said on Monday.
Three Afghan soldiers were killed and ten others wounded in fighting in Kabul that began around midday on Sunday and ended on Monday morning, defence ministry officials said.
(Reporting by Mirwais Harooni)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Blind enormously proud to be a Red Devil
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- India nears $2.5 billion deal for Boeing military helicopters
- Alibaba aims to launch share sale in early September-source
- India says Pakistan border clashes "extremely serious and provocative"
A day after the best economic growth figures in more than two years greeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi's first three months in office, the finance minister on Saturday predicted faster growth to come. Full Article