Taliban attack shows failure by NATO: Karzai
KABUL (Reuters) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai said on Monday that the massive Taliban offensive in Kabul and three other provinces showed a "failure" by the intelligence services, and especially by NATO.
In his first statement regarding the eighteen-hour siege of diplomatic and government enclaves, Karzai also said that Afghan security forces proved themselves capable of defending their country and providing security.
(Reporting by Mirwais Harooni, editing by Amie Ferris-Rotman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Several Arab countries offer to join air campaign on Islamic State, say U.S. officials
- Google to launch Android One, phones to be priced at around $105
- Islamic State executes eight Sunnis in northern Iraq
- With eye on China, India to develop disputed border region
- Preview: Shinji-mania grips Dortmund ahead of Arsenal clash
India has eased restrictions on building roads and military facilities along its disputed border with China, as the new government seeks to close the gap on its neighbour's superior transport network and take a stronger stance on Beijing. Full Article