Taliban attack shows failure by NATO: Karzai
KABUL (Reuters) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai said on Monday that the massive Taliban offensive in Kabul and three other provinces showed a "failure" by the intelligence services, and especially by NATO.
In his first statement regarding the eighteen-hour siege of diplomatic and government enclaves, Karzai also said that Afghan security forces proved themselves capable of defending their country and providing security.
(Reporting by Mirwais Harooni, editing by Amie Ferris-Rotman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Ukraine steelmen hold their ground as frontline marches towards port
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups Full Article