Taliban attack shows failure by NATO: Karzai
KABUL (Reuters) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai said on Monday that the massive Taliban offensive in Kabul and three other provinces showed a "failure" by the intelligence services, and especially by NATO.
In his first statement regarding the eighteen-hour siege of diplomatic and government enclaves, Karzai also said that Afghan security forces proved themselves capable of defending their country and providing security.
(Reporting by Mirwais Harooni, editing by Amie Ferris-Rotman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- California lawmakers end session with bills on plastic bags, gun control
- India says Pakistan border clashes "extremely serious and provocative"
- EU says could send over 1 bln euros more aid to Ukraine
- India nears $2.5 billion deal for Boeing military helicopters
A day after the best economic growth figures in more than two years greeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi's first three months in office, the finance minister on Saturday predicted faster growth to come. Full Article