Taliban attack shows failure by NATO: Karzai
KABUL (Reuters) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai said on Monday that the massive Taliban offensive in Kabul and three other provinces showed a "failure" by the intelligence services, and especially by NATO.
In his first statement regarding the eighteen-hour siege of diplomatic and government enclaves, Karzai also said that Afghan security forces proved themselves capable of defending their country and providing security.
(Reporting by Mirwais Harooni, editing by Amie Ferris-Rotman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Cricket - Moeen probed after sporting 'Save Gaza' wristbands
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry visits India this week as Washington tries to revitalize ties it sees as a counterbalance to China's rising power, but rapid progress is unlikely, despite the reformist reputation of India's new leader. Full Article