RIL profit seen down, ONGC may rise: Reuters Poll
REUTERS - Energy major Reliance Industries, controlled by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, is expected to report its second successive drop in quarterly profit, as refining margins are seen slipping to around $6 a barrel from $6.8 in the December quarter, and as gas output from its offshore fields slows further.
State-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp, the country's biggest oil producer, is likely to post a 28 percent rise in March quarter net profit, but a higher share of subsidy burden due to government-set fuel prices is expected to take the shine off gains from higher crude oil prices.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra in MUMBAI; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Comedian Joan Rivers remains in serious condition at N.Y. hospital
- UPDATE 4-Iceland says eruption over, lifts all airspace restrictions
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Swedish carrier backs out as first Bombardier CSeries operator
India's economy grew by a faster-than-expected 5.7 percent in the three months through June, its fastest pace in two-and-a- half years, helped by a rebound in manufacturing and mining sectors, government data showed on Friday. Full Article
Exclusive: Reliance plans $13 billion projects including new refinery. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article