Roche says data in hepatitis treatment encouraging
ZURICH (Reuters) - Swiss drugmaker Roche said on Thursday initial data on a protease inhibitor, danoprevir, is encouraging against Hepatitis C.
"The high sustained viral response rates and encouraging safety data show danoprevir is potent and well-tolerated," Roche development head Hal Barron said in a statement.
"Roche's HCV portfolio includes multiple investigational drugs with different modes of action, allowing us to develop tailored treatments that aim to address the future needs of patients with chronic hepatitis C," Barron said.
(Reporting By Katharina Bart)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit
- Chiropractic care may ease back-related leg pain
- Sensex, Nifty fall most in 1-1/2 months ahead of Fed outcome
- India to decide on diesel deregulation after state polls - oil ministry source
The United States will ramp up its response to the Ebola crisis in West Africa with plans to build 17 treatment centers, train thousands of healthcare workers, and establish a military control center for coordination, U.S. officials said. Story