Roche says data in hepatitis treatment encouraging
ZURICH (Reuters) - Swiss drugmaker Roche said on Thursday initial data on a protease inhibitor, danoprevir, is encouraging against Hepatitis C.
"The high sustained viral response rates and encouraging safety data show danoprevir is potent and well-tolerated," Roche development head Hal Barron said in a statement.
"Roche's HCV portfolio includes multiple investigational drugs with different modes of action, allowing us to develop tailored treatments that aim to address the future needs of patients with chronic hepatitis C," Barron said.
(Reporting By Katharina Bart)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets
- Led Zeppelin is back with 'Whole Lotta' unreleased tunes
- South Asia monsoon seen below-average to average in 2014 - WMO
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
Kraft Foods Group Inc is recalling about 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer Classic Wieners because the packages may instead contain Classic Cheese Dogs made with milk, a known allergen. Full Article
For teen girls, fruits and veggies linked to lower risk of breast condition. Full Article