Sensex, Nifty trading up; TCS rises ahead of earnings
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex and the Nifty rose in early trade, led by gains in Tata Consultancy Services (TCS.NS) ahead of its Jan-March earnings and banking stocks on hopes the Reserve Bank of India would take measures to enhance liquidity.
TCS, India's top software exporter, is expected to post a net income of 28.21 billion rupees in Jan-March, as per Starmine data.
The Nifty index for bank stocks was up 0.44 percent, led by ICICI Bank (ICBK.NS), up 0.8 percent, and State Bank of India (SBI.NS), up 0.6 percent.
Traders expect the market to be rangebound, grappling with derivatives expiry this week and foreign tax issues.
A fall in Nifty on Friday, which traders are attributing to a trading error, is also weighing on the market. The National Stock Exchange, however, denied the speculation.
The country's main 30-share BSE index up 0.24 percent to 17,414 points, and the 50-share NSE index rose 0.23 percent to 5,302 points.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces ban in Arab world
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- IndiGo plane evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, presumed crashed, as ships and planes from countries closest to its flight path scoured a large search area for any wreckage. Full Article