SC grants more time for 2G licence cancellation
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked the government to conduct an auction of 2G radio spectrum by August 31, giving more time to companies whose licences are set to be revoked after the court's ruling in February.
The Supreme Court said the companies whose licences are to be cancelled can operate until September 7.
The court had earlier ordered 122 permits granted to eight operators in a scandal-tainted 2008 sale be revoked in early June and asked the government to redistribute radio airwaves through an open bidding process.
(Reporting by Suchitra Mohanty)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks
- Sensex gains in special trading session on Diwali
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- UPDATE 2-Suspected Boko Haram fighters kidnap 25 girls in northeast Nigeria