SC grants more time for 2G licence cancellation
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked the government to conduct an auction of 2G radio spectrum by August 31, giving more time to companies whose licences are set to be revoked after the court's ruling in February.
The Supreme Court said the companies whose licences are to be cancelled can operate until September 7.
The court had earlier ordered 122 permits granted to eight operators in a scandal-tainted 2008 sale be revoked in early June and asked the government to redistribute radio airwaves through an open bidding process.
(Reporting by Suchitra Mohanty)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia announces jump in new cases of deadly MERS virus
- Mercedes, BMW chase ultra rich clients with new high end cars