United Phosphorus, Excel Crop drop on CCI penalty
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in agrichemical makers United Phosphorous UNPO.NS and Excel Crop Care (EXCR.NS) fall about 5-6 percent each after the Competition Commission of India found them guilty of collusion.
* CCI imposed a penalty of 9 percent of the average of their standalone turnover over the past three years.
* Nomura says based on CCI's formula, United Phosphorous has been imposed a penalty of 2.52 billion rupees, which would shave nearly 30 percent of its projected FY13 consolidated profit.
* United Phosphorus, Excel Crop, along with two more manufacturers, have been accused of colluding while submitting bids for a tender for aluminium phosphide tablets from Food Corporation of India..
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- SPECIAL REPORT - In the land of the holy cow, fury over beef exports
- GMR, Megawide group set to win Philippine airport contract
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- BSE Sensex marks biggest single-day fall in 3 weeks
- GMR picks Citi, three others for $300-$350 million airport IPO - sources
The Sensex is forecast to scale new highs next year after elections, attracting offshore funds despite an expected rough period for emerging markets when the Fed shifts monetary policy, a Reuters poll showed. Full Article
Amount of dirty money leaving developing world jumped 14 pct in 2011 - report. Full Article