United Phosphorus, Excel Crop drop on CCI penalty
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in agrichemical makers United Phosphorous UNPO.NS and Excel Crop Care (EXCR.NS) fall about 5-6 percent each after the Competition Commission of India found them guilty of collusion.
* CCI imposed a penalty of 9 percent of the average of their standalone turnover over the past three years.
* Nomura says based on CCI's formula, United Phosphorous has been imposed a penalty of 2.52 billion rupees, which would shave nearly 30 percent of its projected FY13 consolidated profit.
* United Phosphorus, Excel Crop, along with two more manufacturers, have been accused of colluding while submitting bids for a tender for aluminium phosphide tablets from Food Corporation of India..
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan, India vow to boost strategic ties during summit
- Federer marches on as wild weather, upsets hit U.S. Open
- Govt urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time to mark its latest record high as blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro gained after better than expected quarterly economic growth data. Read
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article