United Phosphorus, Excel Crop drop on CCI penalty
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in agrichemical makers United Phosphorous UNPO.NS and Excel Crop Care (EXCR.NS) fall about 5-6 percent each after the Competition Commission of India found them guilty of collusion.
* CCI imposed a penalty of 9 percent of the average of their standalone turnover over the past three years.
* Nomura says based on CCI's formula, United Phosphorous has been imposed a penalty of 2.52 billion rupees, which would shave nearly 30 percent of its projected FY13 consolidated profit.
* United Phosphorus, Excel Crop, along with two more manufacturers, have been accused of colluding while submitting bids for a tender for aluminium phosphide tablets from Food Corporation of India..
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Verizon to slow down speeds for some unlimited data subscribers
- UPDATE 3-Russia criticises EU sanctions, raps US over Ukraine role
Palestinians in the Gaza Strip poured into the streets on Saturday to recover their dead and stock up on food supplies after a 12-hour humanitarian truce agreed by Israel and Hamas took hold. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article