United Phosphorus, Excel Crop drop on CCI penalty
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in agrichemical makers United Phosphorous UNPO.NS and Excel Crop Care (EXCR.NS) fall about 5-6 percent each after the Competition Commission of India found them guilty of collusion.
* CCI imposed a penalty of 9 percent of the average of their standalone turnover over the past three years.
* Nomura says based on CCI's formula, United Phosphorous has been imposed a penalty of 2.52 billion rupees, which would shave nearly 30 percent of its projected FY13 consolidated profit.
* United Phosphorus, Excel Crop, along with two more manufacturers, have been accused of colluding while submitting bids for a tender for aluminium phosphide tablets from Food Corporation of India..
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- UPDATE 7-Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- UPDATE 3-Ford's lower profit beats estimates; sales down on F-150 launch
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article