United Phosphorus, Excel Crop drop on CCI penalty
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in agrichemical makers United Phosphorous UNPO.NS and Excel Crop Care (EXCR.NS) fall about 5-6 percent each after the Competition Commission of India found them guilty of collusion.
* CCI imposed a penalty of 9 percent of the average of their standalone turnover over the past three years.
* Nomura says based on CCI's formula, United Phosphorous has been imposed a penalty of 2.52 billion rupees, which would shave nearly 30 percent of its projected FY13 consolidated profit.
* United Phosphorus, Excel Crop, along with two more manufacturers, have been accused of colluding while submitting bids for a tender for aluminium phosphide tablets from Food Corporation of India..
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers
- PM Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India - CNN
- India TV anchor's number is up after naming China's Xi 'Eleven'
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-SAP agrees to buy expense software maker Concur for $7.3 bln
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article