Lakshmi Mittal says Indian project progress "slow"
BATHINDA, India (Reuters) - ArcelorMittal's (ISPA.AS) is progressing slowly with the company's Indian steel plant projects in Jharkhand and Karnataka, chairman Lakshmi Mittal said on Saturday
"There is some progress in terms of getting land, etc, a lot of approvals are needed but progress is slow," Mittal said.
The company's plans in Jharkhand and Karnataka have been hit by local opposition to the projects and wrangles over land acquisition.
(Reporting by Nidhi Verma; Editing by Ed Lane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Turkish president rejects Facebook, YouTube ban over wiretaps
- UPDATE 1-"Everything is fine", Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article