Lakshmi Mittal says Indian project progress "slow"
BATHINDA, India (Reuters) - ArcelorMittal's (ISPA.AS) is progressing slowly with the company's Indian steel plant projects in Jharkhand and Karnataka, chairman Lakshmi Mittal said on Saturday
"There is some progress in terms of getting land, etc, a lot of approvals are needed but progress is slow," Mittal said.
The company's plans in Jharkhand and Karnataka have been hit by local opposition to the projects and wrangles over land acquisition.
(Reporting by Nidhi Verma; Editing by Ed Lane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses
- US STOCKS-Wall St turns lower after shooting at Canadian parliament
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article