Lakshmi Mittal says Indian project progress "slow"
BATHINDA, India (Reuters) - ArcelorMittal's (ISPA.AS) is progressing slowly with the company's Indian steel plant projects in Jharkhand and Karnataka, chairman Lakshmi Mittal said on Saturday
"There is some progress in terms of getting land, etc, a lot of approvals are needed but progress is slow," Mittal said.
The company's plans in Jharkhand and Karnataka have been hit by local opposition to the projects and wrangles over land acquisition.
(Reporting by Nidhi Verma; Editing by Ed Lane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- UPDATE 5-Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- With eye on China, India to develop disputed border region
Importing Iron Ore
An oversupplied global iron ore market may find some relief from an unlikely source as former No.3 exporter India turns into a big importer due to a cutback in domestic production. Full Article
INSIGHT - "Mr. Confession" and his boss drive China's antitrust crusade . Full Article