Lakshmi Mittal says Indian project progress "slow"
BATHINDA, India (Reuters) - ArcelorMittal's (ISPA.AS) is progressing slowly with the company's Indian steel plant projects in Jharkhand and Karnataka, chairman Lakshmi Mittal said on Saturday
"There is some progress in terms of getting land, etc, a lot of approvals are needed but progress is slow," Mittal said.
The company's plans in Jharkhand and Karnataka have been hit by local opposition to the projects and wrangles over land acquisition.
(Reporting by Nidhi Verma; Editing by Ed Lane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea - Malaysian air force
- "Small, encouraging signs" in Michael Schumacher's condition - agent
- Fannie, Freddie shares tumble on Senate proposal for wind-down
- Malaysia seeks India's help in search for missing airliner
- UPDATE 3-Energy XXI to buy rival to take on private explorers in US Gulf
India's flagging economy delivered rare good news on Wednesday with a slight expansion of industrial production and further cooling in consumer prices, offering some respite to the ruling coalition before next month's general election. Article | Expert views