Lakshmi Mittal says Indian project progress "slow"
BATHINDA, India (Reuters) - ArcelorMittal's (ISPA.AS) is progressing slowly with the company's Indian steel plant projects in Jharkhand and Karnataka, chairman Lakshmi Mittal said on Saturday
"There is some progress in terms of getting land, etc, a lot of approvals are needed but progress is slow," Mittal said.
The company's plans in Jharkhand and Karnataka have been hit by local opposition to the projects and wrangles over land acquisition.
(Reporting by Nidhi Verma; Editing by Ed Lane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- First trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine cross back into Russia
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Oil ministry to seek Cabinet nod on diesel deregulation - sources
The Reserve Bank of India said that all transactions involving domestic credit cards must follow rules requiring additional verification, a stance that could impact companies such as Uber Technologies Inc that provide more simple app-based purchases. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article