The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- Indian cinema on a mission at Cannes to dispel Bollywood image
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- Pakistan: senior PTI leader Zara Shahid Hussain killed
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
Sugar stocks surge on export limit scrap
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in sugar producers surged on Thursday after the government removed any limits on export volumes, raising expectations for improved profits in the sector.
Shree Renuka Sugars (SRES.NS), a private sector integrated sugar producer, rose 4.4 percent. Bajaj Hindusthan (BJHN.NS) added 3.8 percent, while Balrampur Chini Mills (BACH.NS) advanced 4.1 percent.
(Reporting by Mumbai Markets Team)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this