Expect $30-35 bln equity dilution from Basel III - Macquarie
Reuters Market Eye - The RBI directives to meet Basel III regulations could lead to an equity dilution in banks of roughly $30-35 billion over the next five years, Macquarie says.
"Frequent dilutions will be required to support growth and also simultaneously maintain the CAR levels and capital buffers," Macquarie says.
Public banks would be especially impacted. Pension liability provisions will pull down the common equity ratio by around 50 basis points for these banks, Macquarie predicts.
View contrasts with Goldman, which on Thursday said it did not expect a significant impact from Basel III requirements on Indian banks.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran prosecutor gives government 30 days to block social media
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey
- Nationalist leader says Scots tricked out of independence
- Study asks whether artificial sweeteners may drive diabetes
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 3-Tens of thousands crowd New York streets for climate march
GROUP OF 20
The G20 leading nations say they are tantalisingly close to adding an extra $2 trillion to the global economy and creating millions of new jobs, but Europe's extended stagnation remains a major stumbling block. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article