Expect $30-35 bln equity dilution from Basel III - Macquarie
Reuters Market Eye - The RBI directives to meet Basel III regulations could lead to an equity dilution in banks of roughly $30-35 billion over the next five years, Macquarie says.
"Frequent dilutions will be required to support growth and also simultaneously maintain the CAR levels and capital buffers," Macquarie says.
Public banks would be especially impacted. Pension liability provisions will pull down the common equity ratio by around 50 basis points for these banks, Macquarie predicts.
View contrasts with Goldman, which on Thursday said it did not expect a significant impact from Basel III requirements on Indian banks.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- UPDATE 2-Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article