Expect $30-35 bln equity dilution from Basel III - Macquarie
Reuters Market Eye - The RBI directives to meet Basel III regulations could lead to an equity dilution in banks of roughly $30-35 billion over the next five years, Macquarie says.
"Frequent dilutions will be required to support growth and also simultaneously maintain the CAR levels and capital buffers," Macquarie says.
Public banks would be especially impacted. Pension liability provisions will pull down the common equity ratio by around 50 basis points for these banks, Macquarie predicts.
View contrasts with Goldman, which on Thursday said it did not expect a significant impact from Basel III requirements on Indian banks.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Supreme Court allows iron ore mining in Goa with upper limit of 20 million tonnes
- Rupee sees worst single-day fall in over a month
Iron Ore Mining
The Supreme Court lifted a 19-month old ban on mining in Goa, the top iron ore-exporting state, on Monday, a move that will put more pressure on global prices although it capped annual output in the state at 20 million tonnes. Full Article | Quote
Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff Full Article