Rupee gains, stocks cut losses on GAAR changes
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The rupee strengthened against the dollar, while stocks cut losses after Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee announced amendments to a series of controversial GAAR provisions on taxation for foreign investors, including deferring any implementation by a year.
The Sensex was down 0.5 percent, cutting losses of nearly 1 percent before the announcement.
The rupee was trading at 53.01 to the dollar, strengthening from 53.20 before the announcement.
(Reporting By Mumbai markets team)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- EU relief at Scotland's "no" tinged with fear of nationalism
- UPDATE 9-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
- Kurdish leader urges world to protect Syrian town from Islamic State
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article