Kingfisher to start paying Jan salaries - letter
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Kingfisher Airlines (KING.NS) will start paying January salaries starting from Wednesday, Chairman Vijay Mallya wrote in a letter to employees, as the debt-laden carrier struggles to retain staff.
"It is my personal endeavour to not only clear the January salary but also clear a significant part of the February salary by the end of this month itself," Mallya wrote in the letter seen by Reuters.
The airlines also expects to re-enter a distribution network with the International Air Transport Association "very shortly," Mallya said.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors
- U.S. diplomats' return to Libya could be more hazardous than exit
- Australia approves Adani's $16 bln Carmichael coal project
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
- U.S. gasoline prices tumble on back of refinery cuts- Lundberg survey
The Australian government on Monday approved Indian firm Adani Mining Pty Ltd's $15.5 billion Carmichael coal and rail project in Queensland, subject to strict conditions to protect groundwater. Full Article