Kingfisher to start paying Jan salaries - letter
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Kingfisher Airlines (KING.NS) will start paying January salaries starting from Wednesday, Chairman Vijay Mallya wrote in a letter to employees, as the debt-laden carrier struggles to retain staff.
"It is my personal endeavour to not only clear the January salary but also clear a significant part of the February salary by the end of this month itself," Mallya wrote in the letter seen by Reuters.
The airlines also expects to re-enter a distribution network with the International Air Transport Association "very shortly," Mallya said.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Controlling the message: Modi chooses state media
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Sensex surges over 300 points on energy reforms, state elections
- Rupee continues to trade higher; share gains, election results aid
The BSE Sensex surges over 300 points and the Nifty gains nearly 100 points after the government's energy reforms lead to a rally in energy firms, while wins by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's party in two state elections raise expectations for additional reforms. Full Article