Kingfisher to start paying Jan salaries - letter
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Kingfisher Airlines (KING.NS) will start paying January salaries starting from Wednesday, Chairman Vijay Mallya wrote in a letter to employees, as the debt-laden carrier struggles to retain staff.
"It is my personal endeavour to not only clear the January salary but also clear a significant part of the February salary by the end of this month itself," Mallya wrote in the letter seen by Reuters.
The airlines also expects to re-enter a distribution network with the International Air Transport Association "very shortly," Mallya said.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Jindal Steel shelves $10 bln project after coal setback
- West not expected to demand Iran atom bomb "mea culpa" in deal
- Congress signals it could back Modi's insurance reform plan
- Bomber targeted police commander in Afghan volleyball game attack
- U.S. seeks to step up India trade talks after WTO breakthrough
The main opposition Congress party signalled on Monday it could support government legislation to liberalise the insurance industry, a long-delayed reform expected to help improve investor confidence. Full Article
Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors lift 2014 global sales target on China, emerging markets Full Article