Kingfisher to start paying Jan salaries - letter
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Kingfisher Airlines (KING.NS) will start paying January salaries starting from Wednesday, Chairman Vijay Mallya wrote in a letter to employees, as the debt-laden carrier struggles to retain staff.
"It is my personal endeavour to not only clear the January salary but also clear a significant part of the February salary by the end of this month itself," Mallya wrote in the letter seen by Reuters.
The airlines also expects to re-enter a distribution network with the International Air Transport Association "very shortly," Mallya said.
(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- UPDATE 1-Sports-mad South Africa salutes Mandela "The Captain"
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $344 mln for next week
The World Trade Organization reached its first ever trade reform deal on Saturday to the roar of approval from nearly 160 ministers who had gathered on the Indonesian island of Bali to decide on the make-or-break agreement that could add $1 trillion to the global economy. Full Article