Rupee at day's high on euro gains
Reuters Market Eye - The USD/INR at day's low, now at 53.24/35 vs 53.47/48 last close, after the euro recovers from prior falls. RBI is believed to have sold dollars in the morning, according to four dealers.
Exporters' stop losses at 53.50 were triggered after RBI's intervention talk, magnifying the losses in USD/INR, dealers said.
Euro now trading at $1.3011/15 after earlier hitting a three-month low at $1.2955.
Local stocks now down 1.3 percent after falling as much as 1.9 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- CBS drops Rihanna from 'Thursday Night Football' after rebuke
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- U.S. leaders call for 'war' on Ebola outbreak, pledge troops
- OECD unveils proposals to curb corporate tax avoidance
India will decide on ending government control on diesel pricing after elections in two states next month, an oil ministry source said, even though local prices of the fuel are currently higher than the global rates, making a case for a cut in retail prices. Full Article
India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit. Full Article
Climate smart farmers get tech savvy to save India's bread basket. Full Article