Rupee at day's high on euro gains
Reuters Market Eye - The USD/INR at day's low, now at 53.24/35 vs 53.47/48 last close, after the euro recovers from prior falls. RBI is believed to have sold dollars in the morning, according to four dealers.
Exporters' stop losses at 53.50 were triggered after RBI's intervention talk, magnifying the losses in USD/INR, dealers said.
Euro now trading at $1.3011/15 after earlier hitting a three-month low at $1.2955.
Local stocks now down 1.3 percent after falling as much as 1.9 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Pizza chain Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection
- Northern California unscathed by 6.8 offshore quake
- UPDATE 2-Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks
- Evidence so far does not point to attack on Malaysian plane - sources
- Allianz lead insurer and Willis broker for Malaysia Airlines
The BSE Sensex ended up slightly on Monday after rising to a record high for a third consecutive session as strong foreign buying continued to boost domestic-focused shares such as those of HDFC Bank, but momentum waned as exporters slumped on a stronger currency. Full Article