Rupee at day's high on euro gains
Reuters Market Eye - The USD/INR at day's low, now at 53.24/35 vs 53.47/48 last close, after the euro recovers from prior falls. RBI is believed to have sold dollars in the morning, according to four dealers.
Exporters' stop losses at 53.50 were triggered after RBI's intervention talk, magnifying the losses in USD/INR, dealers said.
Euro now trading at $1.3011/15 after earlier hitting a three-month low at $1.2955.
Local stocks now down 1.3 percent after falling as much as 1.9 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- China's rate-cut likely to hurt banks, curb new loans to small borrowers
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Hitler watercolour fetches 130,000 euros at Nuremberg auction
- Magnitude 6.8 quake hits central Japan; no tsunami warning
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article