Rupee at day's high on euro gains
Reuters Market Eye - The USD/INR at day's low, now at 53.24/35 vs 53.47/48 last close, after the euro recovers from prior falls. RBI is believed to have sold dollars in the morning, according to four dealers.
Exporters' stop losses at 53.50 were triggered after RBI's intervention talk, magnifying the losses in USD/INR, dealers said.
Euro now trading at $1.3011/15 after earlier hitting a three-month low at $1.2955.
Local stocks now down 1.3 percent after falling as much as 1.9 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Fears for tough penalties grow as India cleans up business
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- Giving pricey hepatitis drug to prisoners may be financially wise
- No fear of deflation: Indian consumers respond to softer oil, food prices
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer parries activist investor attacks
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article