Rupee at 1-week high; GAAR delay helps
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee at 52.7450/75, after rising earlier to a one-week high of 52.68 in intraday trade vs 52.9150/9250 last close. Dealers say positive sentiment on foreign fund inflows on GAAR delay, fears of an active RBI helping rupee.
Local stock, however, down 0.4 percent, bucking positive Asian trend.
Dealer tips 52.60-53.00 range for session.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indian firms tool up for defence orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- Champions Man City host title pretenders Liverpool
- Cabinet approves $1.4 bln new metro rail project
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Thursday that the government was working to tighten up risk management in the banking sector, responding to recent scandals that have raised doubts about lending practices at state banks. Full Article