Rupee at 1-week high; GAAR delay helps
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee at 52.7450/75, after rising earlier to a one-week high of 52.68 in intraday trade vs 52.9150/9250 last close. Dealers say positive sentiment on foreign fund inflows on GAAR delay, fears of an active RBI helping rupee.
Local stock, however, down 0.4 percent, bucking positive Asian trend.
Dealer tips 52.60-53.00 range for session.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors
- U.S. gasoline prices tumble on back of refinery cuts- Lundberg survey
- 'Lucy,' 'Hercules' beat expectations at U.S. weekend box offices
- U.S. diplomats' return to Libya could be more hazardous than exit
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
New Prime Minister Narendra Modi is facing criticism for remaining silent about incidents deemed anti-Muslim in the past week, underscoring fears that his Hindu nationalist followers will upset religious relations in the multi-faith nation. Full Article