Rupee at 1-week high; GAAR delay helps
Reuters Market Eye - Rupee at 52.7450/75, after rising earlier to a one-week high of 52.68 in intraday trade vs 52.9150/9250 last close. Dealers say positive sentiment on foreign fund inflows on GAAR delay, fears of an active RBI helping rupee.
Local stock, however, down 0.4 percent, bucking positive Asian trend.
Dealer tips 52.60-53.00 range for session.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama signs order expanding U.S. Afghanistan role - NY Times
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Long "to do" list for Modi as clock ticks on reform
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article