Aditya Birla to buy stake in Living Media
REUTERS - Diversified Aditya Birla Group will buy a 27.5 percent stake in unlisted media group Living Media India Ltd, which publishes the popular India Today magazine, for an undisclosed sum.
Living Media offers "one of the best opportunities for growth and value creation", Aditya Birla Group's chairman billionaire Kumar Mangalam Birla said in a statement on Friday.
A private investment company of the group, which also has interests in cement, telecoms and metals businesses, will make the financial investment in Living Media, the statement said.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy in NEW DELHI; Editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.3 percent to an all-time high of 27,706.80. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.28 percent to a record of 8,275.15. Full Article