Aditya Birla to buy stake in Living Media
REUTERS - Diversified Aditya Birla Group will buy a 27.5 percent stake in unlisted media group Living Media India Ltd, which publishes the popular India Today magazine, for an undisclosed sum.
Living Media offers "one of the best opportunities for growth and value creation", Aditya Birla Group's chairman billionaire Kumar Mangalam Birla said in a statement on Friday.
A private investment company of the group, which also has interests in cement, telecoms and metals businesses, will make the financial investment in Living Media, the statement said.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy in NEW DELHI; Editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NTT DoCoMo to exit India, unload entire stake in Tata Teleservices - sources
- UPDATE 3-Apple, Google agree to settle lawsuit alleging hiring conspiracy
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- UPDATE 2-FCC pushes back against criticism over Internet traffic plan
- New Microsoft CEO Nadella impresses Wall Street, stresses challenges
Japan's NTT DoCoMo will unload its 26.5 percent stake in loss-making Indian mobile phone joint venture Tata Teleservices and exit the country as it struggles with tough price competition, sources familiar with the matter said. Full Article | Quote