REUTERS - Diversified Aditya Birla Group will buy a 27.5 percent stake in unlisted media group Living Media India Ltd, which publishes the popular India Today magazine, for an undisclosed sum.
Living Media offers "one of the best opportunities for growth and value creation", Aditya Birla Group's chairman billionaire Kumar Mangalam Birla said in a statement on Friday.
A private investment company of the group, which also has interests in cement, telecoms and metals businesses, will make the financial investment in Living Media, the statement said.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy in NEW DELHI; Editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
Trending On Reuters
Three people were pulled alive from the rubble of their home eight days after Nepal's devastating earthquake, as a supply logjam threatened to hamper disaster relief efforts bolstered by the arrival of U.S. aircraft and troops. Full Article | Slideshow
- Video: Nepalese leave Kathmandu and return to villages
- Monsoons could bring disease, a second crisis, to Nepal - UNICEF
- Insight - Soul-searching over quake ends Everest climbing season
- Video: Relief goods for Nepal quake victims held up, remote areas awaiting aid
- Video: U.S. ready to provide more support to Nepal, says Kerry
Texas police shoot dead 2 gunmen at exhibit of Prophet Mohammad cartoons Full Article