Drogba to leave Chelsea - report
PARIS (Reuters) - Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba is leaving Chelsea after playing a leading role in their Champions League triumph, according to a report to be published in French magazine France Football on Tuesday.
Drogba, who scored the winning penalty in the shootout against Bayern Munich on Saturday after cancelling out Thomas Mueller's opener, has reportedly told his team mates "we will not be together next season."
"I am getting ready for a great leap into the unknown," he added without hinting at a possible destination.
Drogba, 34, joined Chelsea from Olympique Marseille in 2004 and has won three Premier League titles with the London club as well as four FA Cups.
(Writing by Julien Pretot, Editing by Tom Bartlett)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Malaysia Airlines says "fearing the worst" for missing jet
- Malaysia probing two more passengers on missing flight - source
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
Lahiru Thirimanne returned to torment Pakistan again as in-form Sri Lanka lifted the Asia Cup title after their comprehensive five-wicket victory in the final on Saturday. Full Article