India's 2011/12 fiscal deficit widens to 5.76 pct of GDP
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's fiscal deficit during the 2011/12 fiscal year that ended in March was 5.097 trillion rupees, or equivalent to 5.76 percent of gross domestic product, government data showed on Thursday.
The deficit is marginally lower than the upwardly revised estimate of 5.9 percent provided by the government in its March federal budget.
Net tax receipts were 6.32 trillion rupees and total expenditure was 12.98 trillion rupees during the fiscal year.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- In weird Brazilian cave insects, male-female sex organs reversed
- Acid attack survivor wins millions on 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
- Divers enter South Korean ferry in hunt for survivors
Wipro posted a 29 percent rise in its fourth-quarter net profit, beating expectations, helped by increased IT spending by its customers. For the quarter ended March 31, the company said it earned 22.27 billion rupees compared with 17.29 billion rupees a year earlier. Full Article | Full Coverage