India's 2011/12 fiscal deficit widens to 5.76 pct of GDP
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's fiscal deficit during the 2011/12 fiscal year that ended in March was 5.097 trillion rupees, or equivalent to 5.76 percent of gross domestic product, government data showed on Thursday.
The deficit is marginally lower than the upwardly revised estimate of 5.9 percent provided by the government in its March federal budget.
Net tax receipts were 6.32 trillion rupees and total expenditure was 12.98 trillion rupees during the fiscal year.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indian firms tool up for defence orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- Champions Man City host title pretenders Liverpool
- Cabinet approves $1.4 bln new metro rail project
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Thursday that the government was working to tighten up risk management in the banking sector, responding to recent scandals that have raised doubts about lending practices at state banks. Full Article