India's 2011/12 fiscal deficit widens to 5.76 pct of GDP
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's fiscal deficit during the 2011/12 fiscal year that ended in March was 5.097 trillion rupees, or equivalent to 5.76 percent of gross domestic product, government data showed on Thursday.
The deficit is marginally lower than the upwardly revised estimate of 5.9 percent provided by the government in its March federal budget.
Net tax receipts were 6.32 trillion rupees and total expenditure was 12.98 trillion rupees during the fiscal year.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article