India's 2011/12 fiscal deficit widens to 5.76 pct of GDP
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's fiscal deficit during the 2011/12 fiscal year that ended in March was 5.097 trillion rupees, or equivalent to 5.76 percent of gross domestic product, government data showed on Thursday.
The deficit is marginally lower than the upwardly revised estimate of 5.9 percent provided by the government in its March federal budget.
Net tax receipts were 6.32 trillion rupees and total expenditure was 12.98 trillion rupees during the fiscal year.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.52 percent to an all-time high of 27,762.13. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.49 percent to a record of 8,291.65. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article