India's 2011/12 fiscal deficit widens to 5.76 pct of GDP
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's fiscal deficit during the 2011/12 fiscal year that ended in March was 5.097 trillion rupees, or equivalent to 5.76 percent of gross domestic product, government data showed on Thursday.
The deficit is marginally lower than the upwardly revised estimate of 5.9 percent provided by the government in its March federal budget.
Net tax receipts were 6.32 trillion rupees and total expenditure was 12.98 trillion rupees during the fiscal year.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-JetBlue flight makes emergency landing at California airport, 4 hurt
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance
- UPDATE 1-Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- UPDATE 2-Two small Russian banks taken off Canada sanctions list
- UPDATE 2-Russia approves tough budget as sanctions restrict growth
China is not a warlike nation, President Xi Jinping said on Thursday, during a rare trip to neighbour India that was dominated by a standoff on a barren Himalayan plateau between soldiers from the world's two most populous nations. Full Article | Slideshow
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article